Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook shows flashes, but Vikings’ defense struggles early in loss at Seattle
SEATTLE — The Dalvin Cook the Vikings had wanted to see showed up Friday night. The defense didn’t.
Cook, a rookie from Florida State, rushed seven times for 40 yards in the first half of a 20-13 preseason loss to Seattle at CenturyLink Field.
In last week’s preseason opener at Buffalo, the running back had looked good catching the ball, with four grabs for 30 yards. However, he ran for just 13 yards on five carries.
Meanwhile, Minnesota’s vaunted defense looked lost to start the game. The Seahawks went 77 yards on the first series, and took a 7-0 lead on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Russell Wilson to Kasen Williams.
Wilson, taking advantage of Minnesota being without starting cornerback Trae Waynes and safety Andrew Sendejo, threw for 60 yards during the drive.“Defensively, I don’t think we played well,” said Vikings coach Mike Zimmer. “I did not think we were very sharp.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/19/dal...t-seattle/

That last run, if Thomas misses, Cook is gone...as impressive was that first carry where he took Avril for a 3 yard piggyback ride...

Those Wilson bootlegs seemed to trouble the D early. They settled in a little bit after that. Not sure how our starting slot DB graded out last night?

And remind me who was the kid filling in for Sandejo? Exum? 

Yeah, Alexander needed to use a lifeline on that one play...

Exum in for Sendejo...