Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agent quarterbacks
Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If  the rumors of Sherff being interested in coming to minny are true  then he becomes the priority free agent IMO.  Them our own ant harris and a CB or two.  Then talk to cousins and cook and see how bad they want to stay here.  
Really?  I hadn't heard this about Scherff - what do we know??? or..think???
Heard this fall that he wants to be closer to home and was most interested in minny or KC.

the Vikings skipped 4 year/24 million on resigning  Nick Easton.

UFA Olineman are risky high price signings 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
 the Vikings skipped 4 year/24 million on resigning  Nick Easton.

UFA Olineman are risky high price signings 
That can be said for pretty much every free agent signing.  Nobody knows for sure how a player responds in a new lockerorrm, in a new system,  in a new city...lots of variables with free agents just as there are with draft picks....just more cap involved but hopefully with a quicker return.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
wheres the list of free agent Guards?
Yup.  And free agent OT's.  And Free agent DT's.  And free agent CB's.

Quote: @"FessVike" said:
I would take Dalton or Tannehill and possibly Bridgewater over Cousins. On the other hand if the OL is not upgraded it will not matter who the QB is and probably do not need to extend Cook, if do not fix OL

I live in TN.  Tannehill isn't going anywhere you can cross him off the list. 

2019 Statistics

QB1 = 65.9%, 4031 yds, 8.3 avg, 26td/5 int, 105.3
QB2=  69.1%, 3603 yds, 8.1 avg, 26td/6 int, 107.4

One of these is Patrick Mahomes, the other is Cousins...

I'm not saying Cousins is Pat Mahomes - but he aint exactly chopped liver either.

Yes, I know Mahomes missed some games and I'm not saying dont draft a qb of tomorrow. 

But those stats sure dont support kicking Cousins to the curb vs doubling-down and getting him some additional OL help  :#

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"FessVike" said:
I would take Dalton or Tannehill and possibly Bridgewater over Cousins. On the other hand if the OL is not upgraded it will not matter who the QB is and probably do not need to extend Cook, if do not fix OL

I live in TN.  Tannehill isn't going anywhere you can cross him off the list. 

What's your - and anyone's - take on Tannehill? My first reaction was to think he's having his "Case Keenum 2017 year", but OTOH Tannehill has a lot more natural ability than Keenum, he had a late start playing QB, and he was stuck in a bad franchise for 7 years. Is he for real?

I wouldn't consider Dalton an upgrade over Cousins. Bridgewater - maybe, and then Zimmer would actually like his QB.

Bridgwater is not an upgrade over Cousins. Garoppolo may well be in the Superbowl with nearly identical ratings as Kirk. Matt Ryan was there a few years ago. Neither are considered mobile. Neither can carry a team on their own. Jimmy G. has a great OC, good enough Line, a consistent running attack and decent WRs. Plus a monster TE.

Ryan had Julio Jones, Sanu, Ridley, a good enough Line and running attack.

Cousins has the weapons but the running attack is inconsistent because the Line stinks. Teddy, Matty Ice, Jimmy G. None of those guys would do shit behind this Line against teams with a good pass rush. Not sure Tannehill could either.

The solutions are to either find a Tier 2 QB who is mobile or fix the damn Line. Anybody got any recommendations for who that mobile QB is?