Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Latest Mock Draft
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-...econd-pick

Leatherwood and Kinlaw gone, this might not be a bad option at 3T...an interior rusher will do more for the D than a CB...lots more...

I do agree that a 3-technique who can generate quick pressure up the middle is our greatest need on defense right now. CB is a major concern too, but it doesn't matter who we have back there covering, if QBs have time to wait for coverage to break down.

If Cousins continues to wilt in the playoffs, I think you seriously have to consider a QB in round 1, especially if someone like Herbert or Tua fall.  Regardless, I would be picking a QB somewhere in this draft, because it is likely we are going to need a new QB in 2021 as I do not see us resigning Cousins.  

If we want to maximize our skill players, the OL needs to be a priority. Same thing regarding the back 7 on D. An effective 3T might be the single biggest impact player we could add outside a surefire QB.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
If Cousins continues to wilt in the playoffs, I think you seriously have to consider a QB in round 1, especially if someone like Herbert or Tua fall.  Regardless, I would be picking a QB somewhere in this draft, because it is likely we are going to need a new QB in 2021 as I do not see us resigning Cousins.  
I wouldn't oppose drafting a QB this year. Mannion as a backup is scary & spending $30 million on a QB does hinder our ability to address other needs. I'd probably look for a QB more in the 2nd-4th rounds, but if someone unexpected slides in the 1st round, then I'd be OK with it.