Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints Buying First Class Ticket To Premier Shit Show

ANTONIO BROWNWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Free agent WR Antonio Brown will visit the Saints on Friday.ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints are doing their "due diligence" on Brown, who has been out of the league since his release from New England earlier this year. Talent has never been the issue for AB, though teams have been reluctant to take on his considerable off-field baggage. Brown's penchant for lashing out on Twitter has not helped his cause, though apparently the troubled wideout has piqued New Orleans' interest. The Saints have taken on high-maintenance players before including Janoris Jenkins, who the Giants let go after showing little remorse for using hurtful language on social media. It's unclear if Brown would be subject to the commissioner's exempt list—the league is still investigating his alleged sexual misconduct—but if given the green light, he and Michael Thomas would form a tantalizing 1-2 punch in the Big Easy.
RELATED: New Orleans Saints

Well, this could be their last shot with Brees playing at a high level after his thumb surgery. You can't assume he will be the same Drew Brees next season so I wouldn't be surprised if they are pushing all their chips to the center of the table. I agree that it would ruin chemistry. He's proven he just can't behave himself. 

Due diligence, lol.  Let's see, turd? Check.  Biggest turd around?  Check. Guaranteed to remain a turd?  Check.  "Ok boss we did the due diligence on this guy, you wanna sign him or what?!"

The way I hear it is the moment he potentially signs, he'll go right on the Commissioner's Exempt List and won't be able to play anyway? 

I just read the same Sticky, but I thought the details sounded more like an assumption that the NFL was trying to avoid some kind of bad PR that would come with putting him on the Exempt list. The idea is NFL already (kinda) had him on the Exempt list through the lack of interest... now that there is real interest they have to make it official.

Lucky for us, looks that will be our first round matchup.  A victory sends us to most likely GB or least likely SF

Shootout on Saturday night at the Superdome