Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sports media is so reactionary
any advice for a NYer listening to the game tonight on Kfan?   will it play for out of market listeners?   

cant 

fucking 

stand

that circus carnival barker

Joe Tessitore

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Hilarious. Seattle was pretty much crowned the best team in the NFC LAST week. Now the media has 'concerns' after their loss to the Cardinals. Troy Aikman called the Eagles win over the Cowboys the 'best team win he's ever seen'. Sigh....the hyperbole. I think it was Proudhorn on the old Viking board that said he never listens to the announcers and watches games with the sound off.....I'm really considering it. Between Booger McFarland and other color analysts that are SO bad and say the dumbest shit ever, it's nuts. The main guys doing the play by play are fine, like Kevin Burkhardt. He's awesome. Its the color analysts that are so weak and lazy. And tonight we get Al Michaels who I really used to like, but seems to be mailing it in these days. Zero enthusiasm. 

JMO.
Good Lord, talk about over the top. Really Troy - the Best team win you EVER seen???? You talk like you have never watched the NFL before. I would say their are dozens and dozens every season that were better team wins than that win.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Hilarious. Seattle was pretty much crowned the best team in the NFC LAST week. Now the media has 'concerns' after their loss to the Cardinals. Troy Aikman called the Eagles win over the Cowboys the 'best team win he's ever seen'. Sigh....the hyperbole. I think it was Proudhorn on the old Viking board that said he never listens to the announcers and watches games with the sound off.....I'm really considering it. Between Booger McFarland and other color analysts that are SO bad and say the dumbest shit ever, it's nuts. The main guys doing the play by play are fine, like Kevin Burkhardt. He's awesome. Its the color analysts that are so weak and lazy. And tonight we get Al Michaels who I really used to like, but seems to be mailing it in these days. Zero enthusiasm. 

JMO.
Being unlucky enough to see the Seahawks weekly, I have been sounding off on that fallacy regularly. They have talent, mostly in Wilson.  Their WR are suspect and have no depth.  Carson was an average back that had fumble problems.  Penny looked good, but was stuck behind Carson most of the year.  Now without them, the offense is all on Wilson.
Their D has talent, especially Wagner and Wright at LB.  But they lack the swagger the once made them feared. 

They have been very fortunate in many of their wins this year, so while they are a good team, they aren't the dominant team in the NFC.  Would be nice to see them and getting into the playoffs on a 2 game skid.

Between Booger, Troy and Collinsworth, Don Meredith seems erudite.  These guys get prepped before each game and I believe extra pay for hyperbole.

Seattle is banged up and I'm sure they overlooked the Cardinals.  Ol" Pete choked again. Big Grin

no sound for me for the past couple years, just like to watch and make my own opinions, then i can argue with myself later

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@StickyBun said:

JMO.
Good Lord, talk about over the top. Really Troy - the Best team win you EVER seen???? You talk like you have never watched the NFL before. I would say their are dozens and dozens every season that were better team wins than that win.
I don't know... Dallas has a big talent edge over a healthy Philly team and the Eagles are a MASH unit.  They gutted that one out as a team for sure.   They will whip the Vikings if we have to go there because we have no balls like our head coach.

Packers Are Kings of the North and Showcase Super Bowl-Caliber D
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Anybody can lose to anyone at any time. That means the Lions can beat the Packers too. Seattle's loss means nothing. The concerns the media is expressing now are the same concerns Seattle's had all year. 
That'd be on hella xmas gift! 
C'mon now, did you really think Arizona was going to beat Seattle? IN SEATTLE? By two touchdown?  Yes, anything's possible. Remember the last Lions Packers game? If there were any justice in the world, Detroit wins that game easily. And that was in Lambeau. Yeah, I know the QB is different, but I'm tellin' ya, if they put in Sloter the Packers lose and the Packers back into the playoffs on a 2-game losing streak. 
Found the back into playoffs comment ironic.
Looks exactly like what MN is going to do!!!