Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shurmur fired in New York
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Mistake IMO, as they were progressing. But as much as I respect Shurmur, not certain he has the demeanor needed for head coaching.
Barr, NY will be an attractive job but I think Dallas will be a bit more so (even with Jerry around).

Hell yes it is...That team is stacked. 

Sean Peyton Coaching Dallas will be the talk of the NFL this off-season

Yeah the team is stacked,  But it's the front office structure that is the core of this team, they want a coach that will fit in, not demand control.  From scouting to cap management, thats the core of Cowboys, a coach like Payton will not make it.  He couldn't say " Yes Sir" in a sincere enough tone.   

Quote:@"BigAl99" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:Mistake IMO, as they were progressing. But as much as I respect Shurmur, not certain he has the demeanor needed for head coaching.
Barr, NY will be an attractive job but I think Dallas will be a bit more so (even with Jerry around).

Yeah the team is stacked,  But it's the front office structure that is the core of this team, they want a coach that will fit in, not demand control.  From scouting to cap management, thats the core of Cowboys, a coach like Payton will not make it.  He couldn't say " Yes Sir" in a sincere enough tone.   
But Mike Zimmer could.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
Mistake IMO, as they were progressing. But as much as I respect Shurmur, not certain he has the demeanor needed for head coaching.

After watching the Cowboys a number of times this season, I think their talent is very overrated.  Dak, Elliott and Cooper are light years away from being the next Aikman, Smith, Irvin.  Dak is an average QB at best right now, his consistent inaccuracy took them out of the playoffs.  Cooper is a good WR, but doesn't appear to play 100% on every down and I do not see Elliott being anywhere worth what they paid him, his act of going into his "eat"mode every time he runs 5 yards is old.  Their OL is not as dominant as it use to be and on defense, I do not see anyone legit in their secondary.  I put them as a 6, 7 win team that 8-8 in their division is where they should be. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Jor-El" said:

After watching the Cowboys a number of times this season, I think their talent is very overrated.  Dak, Elliott and Cooper are light years away from being the next Aikman, Smith, Irvin.  Dak is an average QB at best right now, his consistent inaccuracy took them out of the playoffs.  Cooper is a good WR, but doesn't appear to play 100% on every down and I do not see Elliott being anywhere worth what they paid him, his act of going into his "eat"mode every time he runs 5 yards is old.  Their OL is not as dominant as it use to be and on defense, I do not see anyone legit in their secondary.  I put them as a 6, 7 win team that 8-8 in their division is where they should be. 
They are a big name team, so they attrack the media and get way more attention than they should.  A better coach should be able to maximize that talent for a better record, but I agree with your take. 

#asexpected  Wink