Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about one and done?
Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
If one and done is all I get I'll take it. I think Zimmer could save his job just by making the playoffs but he will not get anymore then the one year remaining. One and done is still better then none and done. You still get to call yourself a playoff team from the previous season for a year.  Our biggest problem has been building off that name. We can't put two together. That is a terrible trend that dates back to 2009.
So it's just dependent on our schedule, which gets a little harder if we finish with a winning record. In 2018 we played 9 games against losing teams and were 7-1-1, and 1-6 against winning teams. This year we are 0-3 against winning teams, but we have a schedule that could end up with 12 games against losing opponents.
In 2017 we were 5-3 against winning teams - that's the key to being a truly successful team.  Can Zimmer ever repeat that?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
JMO, but Zimmer most certainly will NOT lose his job if the Vikings make the playoffs....regardless of the outcome of said playoff game/s. 
Of course not. But of course, like the rising sun, the topic comes up after every loss. Vikings would probably have to lose a couple more and miss the playoffs for this to even be a consideration. 

I want to see another year of Zimmer and Stefanski/Kubiak.  We've spent 3 years focusing on the offense and ignoring defense and we're finally above average on both sides of the ball.  Regardless of outcome, I want to see what we look like with the same coaching staff two years in a row and some youth on defense.  I'm sick of all the turnover, and I don't want to throw it away because Zimmer had one down year on defense after several top 5 defenses in a row.

Well, for me, one and done (aka, a Schpielman Special) is unacceptable, but it would most likely result in the defective duo returning. Extending Dicky and Micky so they wouldn’t be in “lameduck” years indicates that they would be judged on 2019 alone, and the Wilf’s have proven that they’re perfectly willing to accept mediocrity. I’ve already read the “excuses” that are locked, loaded and ready to be launched in January. The one that makes me laugh the most is the whining about there being other good teams in the NFC. LMAO! I’ve been hearing for 3-4 seasons how the Vikings have the “best” roster in the LEAGUE, let alone the conference. If that’s true, why the fuck would you care how good or bad the competition is? You’re the BEST, right?!

I hope the Wilf’s realize that these guys have reached their ceiling. Since Spielman took over personnel, the Vikings have had more home stadiums than playoff wins. The current 14 year stretch of playoff futility is the WORST in team history. Zimmer’s lone playoff win required a literal one-in-a-million play, at HOME. He has the same playoff record in his 5+ years that Chilly posted in his 4+. 

Short of 2 playoff wins and a non-embarrassing showing in their final playoff game (SB or NFCC), time to move on. They have both been given more than ample time to put up RESULTS and they have both fallen short. That doesn’t make them “bad”, just hopelessly mediocre. Im tired of mediocre. Time to at least TRY a different direction. The Captain and Gilligan keep ending up on the same island. Time for a different crew.

JMO.

Quote: @"njvike" said:
Well, for me, one and done (aka, a Schpielman Special) is unacceptable, but it would most likely result in the defective duo returning. Extending Dicky and Micky so they wouldn’t be in “lameduck” years indicates that they would be judged on 2019 alone, and the Wilf’s have proven that they’re perfectly willing to accept mediocrity. I’ve already read the “excuses” that are locked, loaded and ready to be launched in January. The one that makes me laugh the most is the whining about there being other good teams in the NFC. LMAO! I’ve been hearing for 3-4 seasons how the Vikings have the “best” roster in the LEAGUE, let alone the conference. If that’s true, why the fuck would you care how good or bad the competition is? You’re the BEST, right?!

I hope the Wilf’s realize that these guys have reached their ceiling. Since Spielman took over personnel, the Vikings have had more home stadiums than playoff wins. The current 14 year stretch of playoff futility is the WORST in team history. Zimmer’s lone playoff win required a literal one-in-a-million play, at HOME. He has the same playoff record in his 5+ years that Chilly posted in his 4+. 

Short of 2 playoff wins and a non-embarrassing showing in their final playoff game (SB or NFCC), time to move on. They have both been given more than ample time to put up RESULTS and they have both fallen short. That doesn’t make them “bad”, just hopelessly mediocre. Im tired of mediocre. Time to at least TRY a different direction. The Captain and Gilligan keep ending up on the same island. Time for a different crew.

JMO.
LOL, 'defective duo'....I laughed. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"njvike" said:

JMO.
LOL, 'defective duo'....I laughed. 
I could not think of a synonym for mediocrity that began with a “D” (going for alliteration) so settled on defective. I think it works, both have serious flaws that prevent them from reaching elite, championship levels at their positions.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Sticky. Thanks for a civil reply instead of some juvenile, snippy retort!

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
If we could get Theilen and Cook back (not to mention Reiff), I like our chances against anybody.  I'm not worried about injuries to the defense, since it's pretty obvious that we aren't going to win with defense.  They will certainly contribute to any future victories, but the NFL has changed.  You- pretty much- have to win with offense... and I think we have the offense that can (if healthy) score on anybody.
Ramping up the excuses for yet another playoff letdown, huh? Just lat year Reiff was a REASON for the Vikings failure, now his ABSENCE is an excuse? 

It's pretty apparent that Theilen (after he got paid) and Cook just don't have a high pain threshold. Adam's hammy got bad again, after how many weeks off?? 

And, again, complaining about missing Reiff? Are you really that stupid? It almost doesn't matter who replaces him, that's addition by subtraction. Giving ANYONE a chance is better than trotting out that stiff. You purple pollyanna's really need to stop contradicting yourselves constantly.