Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownie fans keeping it classy...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
out of curiosity... how many here would be as condemning say if it was a Vikings fan with packers helmet and an erin rodgers pinata?
a collar bone, never a helmet

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
@JimmyinSD said:
out of curiosity... how many here would be as condemning say if it was a Vikings fan with packers helmet and an erin rodgers pinata?
a collar bone, never a helmet
I'm BarrNone55™, and I approve this message.

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@Magnus said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Magnus said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Magnus said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I will let you know if and when a Viking fan ever does something like this  :#
you'd be kidding yourself if you think Vikings fans as a whole are some bench mark of classy.  We may not be down in the dredges with the iggles fans,  but you will find shit head fans no matter what franchise you cheer for.  I still get nauseous thinking about what was said about Blair Walsh outside of TCF after that playoff miss against the squawks.  It made me embarrassed to be associated with the people around me.
Jimmy, my initial response to you was in jest. I agree with you about there being shit head fans belonging to all teams. Living out here in California and attending Raiders games, I've seen some first rate classiness up close. 
from a friend of mine who is  a raiders fan growing up.... apparently those who wear silver and black into mile high arent treated so well either.
I don't understand why people go to a football game or any major event just to act stupid. 
It is usually the alcohol. 

I would rather watch the game in the comfort of my house and have a few drinks.  Unless it is in Minnesota.  That experience was awesome. 
I had a great experience at Arrowhead,  and I think those that went to Nashville said that was good as well.

Philly, Buffalo, NY Giants ... all sucked.

Maybe a coast thing.  

@Magnus said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I will let you know if and when a Viking fan ever does something like this  :#
you'd be kidding yourself if you think Vikings fans as a whole are some bench mark of classy.  We may not be down in the dredges with the iggles fans,  but you will find shit head fans no matter what franchise you cheer for.  I still get nauseous thinking about what was said about Blair Walsh outside of TCF after that playoff miss against the squawks.  It made me embarrassed to be associated with the people around me.
Yep. Of course you will find some bad apples in every fan base. I heard racial slurs hurled at Daunte Culpepper back in the Metrodome days. And this year when a friend, an Eagles fan, came to the game with me someone poured some beer on him on the walk from the lot to the stadium. And although I would have understood if he'd had a reaction, he took it in stride and didn't cause a scene. Once inside in our section it was pretty easy going. 

Even with that, I think the Vikings fan base that attends games at US Bank is mild in comparison to many others. I just have a special place in my cold heart for the Eagles fans at the NFC championship game. How you can win a game and still manage to act like assholes is beyond me.

I lived in Philly for a few summers ... my mother moved there.  I was a cab driver one summer from college late 80s.  So I am familiar with the city back then.  

Many racist assholes live there.  

I had a great experience at Arrowhead,  and I think those that went to Nashville said that was good as well.
I saw several Vikes games at Arrowhead.  Never had any issues and after a loss to the Chiefs (Herschel had a nice game too) had Chief fans actually congratulate me for a great game!

A buddy of mine from San Diego said Raider fans would routinely follow Bolts fans to the johns in Oakland just to beat them up.