Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Possible NBA changes

[Image: 0srwscvq1a5i.gif]

NBA changes?  You mean.... playing defense???? Wink

Major league baseball announced they're disbanding 42 minor league teams. Last week.

world series game 6 had ratings lower than the Vikings cowboys game,...

The NBA is considering reinventing their  season schedule....,

The NFL is dominating

How about taking the 20 years old something world class athletes who are crying about load management during the regular season and suspend them one post season game for every regular season game they sit out. 

I think if they want anyone to care, figure out how to be on media platforms I'm a part of.  The NFL dominates because everyone has access to it.

Quote: @JR44 said:
How about taking the 20 years old something world class athletes who are crying about load management during the regular season and suspend them one post season game for every regular season game they sit out. 
I would also look at the coaches and organizations that are allowing that. It is being allowed by the whole group not just the player. 

Quote: @medaille said:
I think if they want anyone to care, figure out how to be on media platforms I'm a part of.  The NFL dominates because everyone has access to it.
The NFL dominates because they are the perfect fit for "Short Attention Span Theatre" that is the American sports enthusiast.  They play from September to December with January as playoff month into the first week of February.  16 regular season games in 17 weeks.  12 of 32 teams qualify for playoffs.

NBA, 82 regular season games and with playoffs (which half the league 32 teams qualify) they play from October through June.

MLB, 162 games and with playoffs they play from April through October. 10 of 30 teams qualify for playoffs.

Personally, I thinks it's sports fatigue.  Throw in all the NCAA Division 1 games of football, baseball and basketball, it amazes me that there is any interest in pro sports after a few months.  

Quote: @medaille said:
Football is a sport tailor-made for TV. Its easily watchable, every game has importance. They made a smart move toward parity, so fans can dream their little dreams of hope every off season. The NFL is also gaining viewership from women 18-34 years old, a very desirable demo. More young women are in the NFL media platforms and its having a positive impact. Check out people like Mina Kimes and Sarah Spain, smart, confident and knowledgeable about football. 

The NFL is King and second place is another zip code. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JR44 said:
I would also look at the coaches and organizations that are allowing that. It is being allowed by the whole group not just the player. 
keep this in mind when people biotch about the NFL salaries,  the more the athletes make,  the more they control the league,  and the less they will have to do for their money.   much like other avenues that allow the end to control the means,  they will reward themselves right out of a job.   I would love to take my kid to see a wolves game,  but for what decent seats cost and the effort you get in return... no Fn way.