Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Garrett update

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...25633?s=19
Did he call him a Brown and Garrett took offense?

So: somebody is lying. That's the shitty reality of this. 

The NFL looked into the allegations of a racial slur from Mason Rudolph toward Myles Garrett and found no evidence to support those claims, league spokesman says.

Doesn’t mitigate the criminal assault with a deadly weapon.  

Did he tell anyone this before the incident?

Well this is new and not mentioned the day of or after the incident from all reports I read.  Only mentioned in the appeal.  Now as others have said they are mics everywhere plus there were at least two or three other players right there in the scrub. So I would rely on that but if not true....

Now if I am Rudolph, and now my reputation is being sullied, I might reconsider pressing charges for assault and also defamation because his being perceived racist is now infused into the assault by Garrett.  Garrett has now assaulted him twice if he did not throw out a racial slur.

I am not a lawyer so I am just spit-balling but I have a last thought/scenario....what if after Garrett tore of his helmet and hit him on the head and Rudolph then said a racial slur??? So the racial slur did not preempt the assault but was a result of it?  Does that matter?

Never-the-less what a shitshow and we have a bye week Smile

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So: somebody is lying. That's the shitty reality of this. 
If something was said then there should consequences.

The refs, the players or one of the  microphones would have recorded it...........?

if Garrett lied,  that'd be really messed up.