Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins appreciation thread
While I do not think that he is elite... he's pretty good.  He may not be able to single-handedly beat other teams... but he takes excellent care of the ball (except that one time in Green Bay- ARGH!) and plays within a very good (successful) system.

But the thing that I think most fans have overlooked... is that he has started every game for us since he got here.  I heard a stat the other day: that said that half the teams in the NFL have already had to go to their backup QB this year.  For what it's worth, Kirk always answers the bell.  I had to look this up: since 1961, the Vikings have only had 17 seasons where our QB has started every game (8 since 2000).  Kirk has 2 of them.  

I like Kirk. I think he is a smart QB and can be extremely accurate. We could be doing a lot worse at the position. But how far can the team go with him? Not sure. The NFC is loaded with good teams. Its easy to talk about him now in a positive light because he's in a really nice groove currently. And to your point, he's tough. 

ABSOLUTELY !

I know Vikings fans are impatient...DEVOTED...but impatient.  When you look at other franchises that have had 30 + years of "Franchise" QB's and only 2 Trophies to show for it...I'm glad he's here, hope he continues to grow & stays with us.

He's easy to cheer for, not a complete Whiny D-bag, whose parents don't even want anything to do with him. He doesn't look for a flag every time he runs out of downs or is sacked. He admits his mistakes, while not being a gloating A-hole when things are going good.

We all have "good" and "Bad" days...It's just not broadcast in front of millions for everyone to watch. Many are under the impression that QBs CAN'T improve, or have better seasons than others...that once they hit their "ceiling" that's it.

It takes A LOT of pieces, but Captain Kirk deserves a lot more respect than he gets IMO.

Quote: @pumpf said:
While I do not think that he is elite... he's pretty good.  He may not be able to single-handedly beat other teams... but he takes excellent care of the ball (except that one time in Green Bay- ARGH!) and plays within a very good (successful) system.

But the thing that I think most fans have overlooked... is that he has started every game for us since he got here.  I heard a stat the other day: that said that half the teams in the NFL have already had to go to their backup QB this year.  For what it's worth, Kirk always answers the bell.  I had to look this up: since 1961, the Vikings have only had 17 seasons where our QB has started every game (8 since 2000).  Kirk has 2 of them.  
I think they flashed a stat that the last time a viking QB started all 16 games in back to back seasons was with Tarkenton? 

He's having his best statistical year...

[Image: abokozbqsgnq.jpg]