Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog foster
I haven't posted about our fosters in a while but, rest assured, we are still going strong. Over 70 and counting.

I just had to share this girl. Our main rescue that we work with in Vermont is called Passion for Paws. They're awesome.

About 6 or 7 ladies that work tirelessly to save as many dogs from the south as they can. This year is the second year that they made a road trip to Greenville, SC to collect dogs from various pounds to bring back home and just visit with the local fosters that work with them. They'll have a party at the house that they rent and we go and hangout over some drinks and food for an evening.

They were down last weekend (11/4/2019) and they had a bunch of puppies and a few other dogs pulled from area shelters.

Then they had this girl. She was found as a stray in Charlotte NC and scared to death. She's heart worm positive and has a ovary tumor that needs to be removed. At the party, she wouldn't leave her dog bed all night. We would pet her but she was too scared to roam around or anything. 

We volunteered to foster so we brought her home last week. 

The changes over one week are amazing. She is the sweetest, silliest dog you could ever meet.  The first time she got on our bed was Saturday morning. She's in love instantly. It's her favorite place.

We took her to the pet store Saturday morning and gave her a bath. She was so scared leaving our house. I'm sure she thought the worst, but then when we brought her home and let her out she perked right up. She's doing great. Its gonna be tough to let this one go.

Here's a pic of her ride to the dog wash. You can tell she's scared.

[Image: hewhfmangh7f.jpg]

She's got these short stubby legs and that big ole head. And she's a Vikings fan.

Omg! She is absolutely precious and you can definitely tell she is scared. Poor thing. You are doing a great thing here caring for this animals. It always amazes me how resilient they are and even after having been through so much, they still have so much love to give.