Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Mackerel!
Truly a team win...

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson
The only #Vikings who didn't play Sunday night were defensive tackle Hercules Mata'afa and backup quarterback Sean Mannion.

I know he is a fun story,  but if Mata'afa isnt playing on special teams... why is he on the roster?   the limited snaps he gets at DT doesnt make him worth a roster spot let alone a game day activation if he cant get on the field some where.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I know he is a fun story,  but if Mata'afa isnt playing on special teams... why is he on the roster?   the limited snaps he gets at DT doesnt make him worth a roster spot let alone a game day activation if he cant get on the field some where.
Pretty sure they think he will develop as a good situational 3 tech , but as we saw in preseason he isnt yet ready to stop the run at this level 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Pretty sure they think he will develop as a good situational 3 tech , but as we saw in preseason he isnt yet ready to stop the run at this level 
I know that is their goal,  but I am wondering if Odenigbo wouldnt be a better candidate to add another 12 pack to the scale and be the undersized 3T we need?  Not that we cant have more than 1,  but they need to get IO on the field more IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I know that is their goal,  but I am wondering if Odenigbo wouldnt be a better candidate to add another 12 pack to the scale and be the undersized 3T we need?  Not that we cant have more than 1,  but they need to get IO on the field more IMO.
I would completely agree IO is a better candidate but i would think they see IO as an eventual starter at DE