Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudolph player of the game!!
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Rudolph can make plays when going against a zone defense, and that's what Dallas played. When its man to man, he doesn't have that athleticism to separate. 
I think its not so much about Zone/vs Man,  its about the style of route,  he is more easily defended in down field routes because despite his size he doesnt get the separation to make KC comfortable with being able to drop it in,  but when he is able to post up and use his frame size and catch radius he is still very difficult to stop.
The reason I mentioned zone is because that is exactly what Zimmer said when questioned about Rudolph and his use in his postgame presser. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Rudolph can make plays when going against a zone defense, and that's what Dallas played. When its man to man, he doesn't have that athleticism to separate. 
I think its not so much about Zone/vs Man,  its about the style of route,  he is more easily defended in down field routes because despite his size he doesnt get the separation to make KC comfortable with being able to drop it in,  but when he is able to post up and use his frame size and catch radius he is still very difficult to stop.
The reason I mentioned zone is because that is exactly what Zimmer said when questioned about Rudolph and his use in his postgame presser. 
it likely makes him more of a threat when there is a zone for him to find a soft spot in,  but I dont think that was what made the difference last night,  its that he was back in the redzone where KC was able to use goal lines to put the ball in a place where it was Rudys or nobodies.   in the middle of the field that high toss for the first TD or the  2 point is a throw you dont make because a safety would be back there.  Rudy the redzone rainmaker!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
it likely makes him more of a threat when there is a zone for him to find a soft spot in,  but I dont think that was what made the difference last night,  its that he was back in the redzone where KC was able to use goal lines to put the ball in a place where it was Rudys or nobodies.   in the middle of the field that high toss for the first TD or the  2 point is a throw you dont make because a safety would be back there.  Rudy the redzone rainmaker!
Perfect example of what we thought we were going to get when Kirk first came to Minny. I have a feeling there will be several more red zone catches for Rudy this year. That one handed snag was unbelievable. And the bonus is, now Rudy can block.