Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa kicker Aguayo canned after one season.
Waived after just one year basically. They moved UP in the 2nd round to draft him. In college he was a perfect 198 out of 198 on PATs. And we thought it was bad with Walsh. How contradictory is kicking in the NFL, right? On one hand, you understand the importance of making FGs and PATs as you draft a talent like this so high, yet you don't give him time to possibly work thru issues and give up on him after just one year. Its because you can't afford the time as a team to let him work it out: it literally means leaving points off the scoreboard. It directly correlates to points in a concrete way. 

Why ever draft a kicker before round 7? Let some other team work thru the rough patches and get a more mentally tough guy down the road. 

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have waived kicker Roberto Aguayo.

That's embarrassing...  For him.  For the Bucs.  For everyone.

Yikes.

Be worth a PS slot...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Be worth a PS slot...
I actually thought the same thing. Everyone is set for either having a competition set up for a kicker spot or good to go with their kickers for 2017. Maybe a PS spot isn't that far fetched?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Be worth a PS slot...
My thoughts as well,  thone spots are pretty precious,  but it would be a cheap way to always have "competition " in place for your kicker..... just in case.

Absolute money at FSU. Better in college then Janikowski ever was.

Kicking is like golf. Even the best players sometimes get the yips when putting from 5 feet. They usually get over it.

The thing with Roberto is that he doesn't have a big leg. 50+ yarders are not his forte, so he needs to be very accurate from shorter distances to make up for that. 

So far in his career he's been anything but. If I was going to burn a spot on the PS for a Kicker I'd rather it be on someone with a huge leg that needs work on consistency.

Good to know.  I wasn't aware of his lack of leg strength.  Hard pass IMO then.

Just signed with the Chicago Bears.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Just signed with the Chicago Bears.
One of the hardest stadiums in the league for a kicker...makes perfect sense.

Bears claimed him. He didn't get to choose.