Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength of schedule.
This probably falls squarely in the category of useless information, but allow me to amuse myself.

As of today, I took the record of the teams the Vikings have beat so far, and calculated their collective win percentage. It is 30%.
I then calculated the win percentage of the teams we will face the rest of the season collectively. It is almost 55%.

I did the same for the Packers, and the collective win percentage of the teams they have beat so far is 51%.
The win percentage of the teams remaining on their schedule is 52%.

Meaningless, or Not?

if GB plays KC without Mahomes and we play KC at KC with Mahomes, that’s significant. 

When you play teams and how injured they are is more meaningful, IMO.

After each Viking win so far, it's followed by the "but, that team kind of sucks" caveat, so I hope Mahomes does play.  Why make it easy?  Lets see how good this Viking team really is. 

Because of the composite record of a number of teams used, this doesn't have much meaning. It does indicate a tougher schedule ahead to some degree, but one would be better off to look at winning percentage of each team individually just before the Vikings play them.
I did find it interesting and wondered what those who bet on games would think of the stat.. 
Though the stat. shows a general trend it is misleading.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
After each Viking win so far, it's followed by the "but, that team kind of sucks" caveat, so I hope Mahomes does play.  Why make it easy?  Lets see how good this Viking team really is. 

He most likely won't be at 100% either if we do play him. That'll affect their game plan - they'll be doing everything they can to keep him upright in the pocket; that's where their focus will be as an offense. Could make them more one-dimensional.

I'd rather face Mahomes. A 100% healthy Mahomes is scary, but we need to start going up against the best and beating them.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
Because of the composite record of a number of teams used, this doesn't have much meaning. It does indicate a tougher schedule ahead to some degree, but one would be better off to look at winning percentage of each team individually just before the Vikings play them.
I did find it interesting and wondered what those who bet on games would think of the stat.. 
Though the stat. shows a general trend it is misleading.
Why would you do that?  That seems like the worst way to measure it, as all your early season games have a horrible amount of small sample size problems.  In week 2, playing a great team that lost to another great team in week 1 horrible team is the same as playing the Dolphins, they're both infinitely bad at 0-1.