Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook: Nice to run it down their throats
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ir-throats

Cook is flat out special...second most yards from scrimmage in team history through 8 games...deadly in the screen game...very good in pass pro...elusive, fast, burst, and hard to bring down...

I was worried about all the preseason hype...maybe they understated what he was going to do...second round we pulled out top 5 talent...

I said this on tv last week. It was an echo chamber.
Quote Tweet
[Image: VjLcqImn_normal.jpg]
mike freeman
@mikefreemanNFL
· 28m
Gots to put Dalvin Cook in the MVP talk.

He's the best player on our offense...  which is saying a lot when you have Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs on your team.

I think at some point, we add Irv to that list...you can see his ability to exploit the seam routes...maybe he breaks a TE screen soon...just scratching the surface on the youngest player in the draft...he is blocking really well, like a seasoned vet..very excited about his upside...

And, at some point we can also add Mattison to that list as well...balance, vision, ability to cut...pretty much Cook 2.0 sans the extra gear and burst...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And, at some point we can also add Mattison to that list as well...balance, vision, ability to cut...pretty much Cook 2.0 sans the extra gear and burst...
Split backs...

Quote: @pumpf said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Split backs...
Imagine coming out in 23 personnel...then you split out either Cook or Mattison...then you split out Irv...the D would either be in Base or have an extra LB in...what the D does either exposes them to the run or the pass...

There are personnel groups that the Vikings are using in 2019 that they just didn't have last year.

And those same groups in 2019 create match up problems. 

And even  when the favorable match up is there, the Vikings will  deliberately go away from it.