Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE's Defense
During Zimmer's press conference today he was asked his thoughts on NE's defense. He said it's hard to comment because he hardly ever sees them on tape. He also said they have a lot of players who can do a lot of things.
So, there ya go!

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
During Zimmer's press conference today he was asked his thoughts on NE's defense. He said it's hard to comment because he hardly ever sees them on tape. He also said they have a lot of players who can do a lot of things.
So, there ya go!
I really hope this is a total lie from Zimmer. It probably is.
Bill B has said in the past he thinks Zimmer is one of the better coaches. To me that implies he's watching our tape to pick things up. If Zimmer honestly isn't trying to emulate what the best team in the league is doing, that's really dumb.
The Pats D is way better than anything I've ever seen the Vikings have. Easy schedule or not, the Pats are crushing teams in a way that I haven't seen in a long time.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
So, there ya go!
I really hope this is a total lie from Zimmer. It probably is.
Bill B has said in the past he thinks Zimmer is one of the better coaches. To me that implies he's watching our tape to pick things up. If Zimmer honestly isn't trying to emulate what the best team in the league is doing, that's really dumb.
The Pats D is way better than anything I've ever seen the Vikings have. Easy schedule or not, the Pats are crushing teams in a way that I haven't seen in a long time.

I hope there is someone besides Zimmer on the coaching staff who knows something about defense.  They can watch every single one of NE's plays on D.  What do they do that we can copy?  Pick out a couple dozen plays to send to  Zimmer. He can watch them whenever.  Explain how we would do something similar.  We have some pretty versatile players, too.  Anything less would be coaching malpractice.

NE also has a great offense to go along with their great D.  I wonder if that has anything to do with all their trips to the SB (9 times)?
I wouldn't worry about Zimmer not being as good as Belichick.  No coach in NFL history has been either.

They have 18 interceptions & have allowed 1 TD pass, pretty dominate regardless the schedule.

BB is playing chess, while all the rest are playing checkers