Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports.com Brinson on Vikings-Lions
Vikings (-1) at LionsA little road chalk! The Vikings are a much better home team and I would guess that everyone is on them here -- Action Network percentages confirm as much, with 66 percent of the bets landing on Minny. Detroit is a good team with a good defense, but Minnesota is a better team with a better defense. In a battle of two quarterbacks who don't love beating good teams, we've seen Kirk Cousins come up big against the Lions in Ford Field, going 21-of-28 for 253 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions against this team last December. Detroit's weakness actually lies in stopping the run, which means we could get a Dalvin Cook special in this matchup. Cook has fallen to fourth overall in terms of NFL rushing yards on the season, but he's still a threat to pop up with a monster game and the Lions are coughing up 5.1 yards per carry on the season. If Cook gets rolling it will open up some serious play-action opportunities for Cousins to Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. I tend to think you'll see a deflated Lions team after they got hosed in Green Bay on a short week as well. 

Let's hope so. Need a divisional win.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
We do....

And somehow this season we need to find about 4 road wins too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
We do....

And somehow this season we need to find about 4 road wins too. 
I don't think the Vikings are a 12 win type team this year, that's assuming winning all 8 home games. Minnesota is not going to get a home field advantage if they make the playoffs....which isn't a certainty. 

Call me crazy, but I'm getting a 2017 vibe about this season...tomorrow will be very telling...

Call me crazy, but I'm getting a 2017 vibe about this season...tomorrow will be very telling...
Nothing I'd like more, but I'm not getting that same vibe.  :'(

I am gettting that 2017 vibe. I see a team that has an improving OL, dynamic weapons and a defense that is getting better (this is common under Zim)

I see a win in Detroit, in Dallas, in LA
I see 8-0 at home

12-4 if we win tomorrow. 

We started off 2-2 that year as well...

If we beat the Lions, this team could start rolling.  The pieces are there if Cousins can continue to play good.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

If we beat the Lions, this team could start rolling.  The pieces are there if Cousins can continue to play good.
The pieces are there if the OL continues to improve  Wink

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

well not good.  Sorry, it just stuck out to me from grade school or some where back in my memory banks.  Smile