Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Focus Mock Draft

Its very interesting the different mocks. 

I really hope Cousin keeps finding his groove. If we can not take a QB I either want to see an LT or....a CB.  Before I get thrown to the wolves, i'd like to see Waynes and Rhodes walk. I think if we cut X next year his cap hit is only 4 mil and we save a total of 8 mil after that.  Keep Mac in the slot, and move Hughes outside.  Ideally I'd like to see them get Digg's brother.  At that point I feel like the D should be good for a few years besides at DT.

The line is self explanatory.  If we could find a solid LT for the next 10 years that would be great.  If Kline keeps at it, extend him and see what we can do about LG in free agency or later in the draft.   

Unrelated to the Vikes, as a Hawkeye guy this is not the first draft I've seen with AJ and Wirfs going this high.  AJ has the measurables but disappears playing the easier of the DE positions.  Iowa linemen just aint what they used to be, and I think that is the case for Wirfs.  Be interesting to see where they wind up. 

I'm sort of leaning toward a QB now regardless of how Cousins plays the rest of the year. We just don't have many other needs. Even the OL has several bright spots. And I've always been more of an "OL on day 2" guy anyway.

QBs are just so incredibly valuable. Even if Cousins wins us a championship and goes into '20 as the de facto franchise QB, it's good to have trade capital.  

So we backed into the playoffs, beat the Eagles in the wild card & got dismissed in the divisional round...!? & worse the Fudge made the NFC championship, I need an adult beverage now!

[Image: xy2jrsyfd6z3.jpeg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'm sort of leaning toward a QB now regardless of how Cousins plays the rest of the year. We just don't have many other needs. Even the OL has several bright spots. And I've always been more of an "OL on day 2" guy anyway.

QBs are just so incredibly valuable. Even if Cousins wins us a championship and goes into '20 as the de facto franchise QB, it's good to have trade capital.  
This. Regardless. 

• In the latest edition of his Big Board, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr., slotted LSU redshirt senior QB Joe Burrow as the No. 14 draft-eligible prospect for the spring."With a great release, much better accuracy at all levels of the field (than he showed last season) and enough athleticism to maneuver the pocket to evade rushers, Burrow reminds me of Tony Romo," Kiper writes of the 6-foot-4, 216-pound redshirt senior. This latest incarnation of the Big Board is the first which has been graced by Burrow's presence. The LSU gunslinger is one of four quarterbacks to land on Kiper's 25-man board, rubbing shoulders with Tua Tagovailoa (No. 1), Justin Herbert (No. 6) and Jacob Eason (No. 19).
    SOURCE: ESPN InsiderOct 17, 2019, 4:22 PM ET