Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wonder if this will be enough to "piss off" Kirk...
Quote: @comet52 said:
He got better protection.  The oline with a new scheme and new players is a work in progress, hopefully one that keeps improving as the year goes on.    It appears they took the handcuffs off and said be your aggressive self, warts and all.   Standing back there like a statue trying to figure out if a guy is open is not Kirk's game, or anyone's really.   They paid him to help be successful and for that to happen he has to be himself.
This can't be said enough. Pass Protection won this game. Yes, Kirk has been more focused and intense since the Bears debacle. Yes, Stefanski took the training wheels off the passing game (or was given permission to by Zimmer).

But you still need time to throw and it wasn't like all his success was coming on rollouts. The O-Line had the most consistently clean pocket I've seen the whole year to date. Not as much as I'd like, but still noticeably better. And that's with Hill playing most of the game and Kline out.

If this Line can get to consistently average or better in Pass Pro this team is legit.  If not, Kirk isn't mobile enough nor does he move well enough in the pocket ala Brees to overcome it.

The next big step for me is can Stefanski unveil a dink-n-dunk package against opponents with a great pass rush if his Line is struggling. Opposing teams do it to Zimmer all the time.