Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFL QB Tryout
Does anyone remember the Vikings giving Bo Levi Mitchell a tryout last December.  I just read a story about why the Vikings didnt sign him.  He said they asked me what I can bring to the table and he said he has won a championship at every level on every team he has played for.  He said the reason the Vikings didnt sign him is because he told them he was going to take Kirks job and thats not what they wanted to hear.  I read that and thought thats interesting if the kids that good why not bring him into camp at least.  Then I googled him and found out he had tryouts with 10 NFL teams and none of them signed him.  The story made it seem like a big deal how the Vikings didnt sign him and I couldnt remember his name even being mentioned anywhere.

Another "Legend in his own Mind"...

marketing 101.  Name recognition is more important than honesty. 

I googled his youtube highlights...

There's three minutes of my life I'll never get back.  Thanks a lot Purple Haze

I looked more into it and apparently he had try outs with 10 NFL teams and nobody signed him. The Broncos were favored to get him but chose 125 year old Flacco instead.  Why he decided to take a shot at the Vikings is beyond me.  At the time of the tryouts the Cardinals and the Dolphins were in desperate need of a QB and even they didnt give him a shot.  Must be the Eastern Washington arrogance shining through I guess.

Bo Levi Mitchell sounds like someone who will be featured on season three of Mind Hunter.

Same argument the Sloter supporters claimed he was only cut to not make Kirk feel bad....and then 31 other teams didn't want him either. Much ado about nothing.

Well one thing in said article was true, we’re stuck w/ Grandma’s van driver thru next season...[Image: yse454ecrh35.png]

Quote: @Kentis said:
Well one thing in said article was true, we’re stuck w/ Grandma’s van driver thru next season...
That might actually work, if it wasn't for Zimmer in a gray wig holding a bag of knitting in the back seat yelling, "Slow down! Change lanes! You missed the turn! You're supposed to take the shortcut! You maniac, you'll get us killed!" B)