Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up Is Down And Downs Is Up

Was just looking at the injury report. Mac's out. Gedeon and Elflein are questionable. These are probably the only three positions on the team that are backed up by players who are arguably as good as the starter: Kearse (maybe only in this game with the big slot), Wilson and Dozier. Pretty sure some might argue even better than the starter. I guess we'll see. 

Would think waiving Fields would most likely return their 7th from KC

Well, there goes another draft pic albeit a low rounder (2021 7th round) as Mark Fields whom Rick traded for two weeks ago is waived to make room for Downs

I'm going to guess it was a conditional pick...Fields will likely end up on the PS...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Was just looking at the injury report. Mac's out. Gedeon and Elflein are questionable. These are probably the only three positions on the team that are backed up by players who are arguably as good as the starter: Kearse (maybe only in this game with the big slot), Wilson and Dozier. Pretty sure some might argue even better than the starter. I guess we'll see. 
Gedeon starting over Wilson remains a mystery...

Having Hughes back is going to be a big deal.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Having Hughes back is going to be a big deal.
Indeed. I hope he can pick up where he left off.

Quote: @mblack said:
Well, there goes another draft pic albeit a low rounder (2021 7th round) as Mark Fields whom Rick traded for two weeks ago is waived to make room for Downs
I have no problem taking late round flyers on guys.  No difference in drafting a 6th/7th rounder during the draft or giving up a 6th/7th rounder for a player we had some NFL tape on.  Actually now that I verbalize that their is a difference with the former in that you have seen that player at this level, so that is an edge.  

My overall point is that it is less then a 2% chance that a 6th or 7th round pick ever makes it to play a starting position.   Down's is a 7th round pick so lets see if we found a diamond, it does not happen often.