Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C Brent Jones to resign with the Vikings today
Quote: @BrickVike said:
@Wetlander said:
I wonder who gets cut to make room for him?  The 4th TE Dillon?  Watts at DT?  Abudallah at RB?  I can't imagine it would be Boyd (CB) with Mac getting dinged.
Hope not, but Mac Alexander may be going to IR. 
They were saying 2-4 weeks pending MRI but I wouldn't count on anything with it.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BrickVike said:
@Wetlander said:
I wonder who gets cut to make room for him?  The 4th TE Dillon?  Watts at DT?  Abudallah at RB?  I can't imagine it would be Boyd (CB) with Mac getting dinged.
Hope not, but Mac Alexander may be going to IR. 
They were saying 2-4 weeks pending MRI but I wouldn't count on anything with it.
Yep, I heard 4 weeks max.

Quote: @Canthony said:
I think many saw this coming after the first week on the season. Contract reasons of course.
It would be a surprise if his 810K would set the team back cap space wise.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Did they already have a spot open? I don't know. Dillon had a nice block on one of Cook's runs. I would vote for Abdullah. Boone is a better back and Abdullah is a threat to fumble every time he has the ball. It's doubtul he'll ever win a game for us, but he could sure as hell lose one. 
Considering they had to cut Jones to make room for Doctson, I don't think they have an open roster spot.  Someone needs to go and I totally agree...  I hope it's Abdullah because he's a walking fumble factory.  It was his biggest negative coming out of college too.
Isn't he our KR and PR?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Did they already have a spot open? I don't know. Dillon had a nice block on one of Cook's runs. I would vote for Abdullah. Boone is a better back and Abdullah is a threat to fumble every time he has the ball. It's doubtul he'll ever win a game for us, but he could sure as hell lose one. 
Considering they had to cut Jones to make room for Doctson, I don't think they have an open roster spot.  Someone needs to go and I totally agree...  I hope it's Abdullah because he's a walking fumble factory.  It was his biggest negative coming out of college too.
Isn't he our KR and PR?

Beebe lined up for the punt returns and Abudallah was the kick returner...

Quote: @greediron said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Isn't he our KR and PR?
we only need a KR once a game if the defense steps up and pitches a shut out.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@greediron said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Isn't he our KR and PR?

Beebe lined up for the punt returns and Abudallah was the kick returner...
Yes, now that you mention it, I do recall Beebe fair catching a few (when we didn't cause a turnover).

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Canthony said:
I think many saw this coming after the first week on the season. Contract reasons of course.
It would be a surprise if his 810K would set the team back cap space wise.
 Actually, it relates to who has to pass through waivers and how contracts get guaranteed.  As a veteran, Jones did not pass through waivers (so he had total control of his destination).  Additionally, if he was on the roster week 1, his contract would have become guaranteed for the year.  So, I am sure they worked out a deal with him to make him whole and commit to coming back to the team.   If they had cut one of the rookies, that player would have been exposed to a waiver claim -- something more likely to happen in week 1 than week 2 (depending upon injuries on other teams).  

So, not a salary cap maneuver at all.