Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking news - Andrew Luck retiring

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
I love that twitter account.
Me too, since day 1 I loved reading these! 

The responses to this are classic...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

@"SFVikingFan" said:
I love that twitter account.
Me too, since day 1 I loved reading these! 

Same. It's one of my favorites.

He's a great young man, everyone should be supporting this guy in his decision.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: Indianapolis%20Colts.png]
The Colts have reached a financial settlement with retired QB Andrew Luck.The Colts could have recouped $24.8 million from Luck—a prorated $12.8 million from his signing bonus and another $12 million in roster bonuses—but instead the team is letting him keep it all. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the settlement was reached last week, suggesting the Colts have known Luck was retiring for some time. It's a nice gesture by the Colts and one that wasn't afforded to Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders when they retired early. Luck is leaving $58.1 million in salary on the table by calling it quits, but said injuries had taken the joy out of playing. Twenty nine with a degree in architectural design from Stanford, we're excited see what's next for Luck now that his playing days are over.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Really hope this is true, and the contrast to Sanders and Johnson's situation is great.  Loved his career, except I drafted him too high and often in FFL and on occasion referred to him as sounding like he was  speaking Amish with molars the size of billiard balls.
Wish him the best, hope he is as talented in design as he was a passer, the impact can be much more lasting and beneficial.  

I was devastated when the news broke last night. I was hoping it was some sort of sick joke or something, but then I saw Schefter was the one who broke it. Then I knew.

It was very unfortunate the way it all played out. Too bad he couldn't do it on his own terms and avoid the booing. He deserved better than that all the way around.

Luck was one of the good ones. He was probably my favorite non-Vikings player. Sucks for the NFL, but I respect him for doing what was best for himself and his family. It couldn't have been easy.

...time to adopt a new favorite non-Vikings player. Mahomes? 

Quote: @"PurplePotato" said:
I was devastated when the news broke last night. I was hoping it was some sort of sick joke or something, but then I saw Schefter was the one who broke it. Then I knew.

It was very unfortunate the way it all played out. Too bad he couldn't do it on his own terms and avoid the booing. He deserved better than that all the way around.

Luck was one of the good ones. He was probably my favorite non-Vikings player. Sucks for the NFL, but I respect him for doing what was best for himself and his family. It couldn't have been easy.

...time to adopt a new favorite non-Vikings player. Mahomes? 
Could do worse that Mahomes, that's for sure...

I still harbor ill will towards the Chiefs and Hank Stram...Otheriwse I'd be right there with yah. 

lol.

[Image: EC-h_V5W4AEKf8x?format=jpg&name=medium]

If he's a Captain, why is he pictured as a Brigadier General?

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
If he's a Captain, why is he pictured as a Brigadier General?
Sad but true but some people don't know the difference. My son does that all the time when watching any sort of military movie. He will say they aren't using the right tanks, uniforms, etc.