Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like some promising young talent on the team...
I'm sure Mattson missed a few cuts and blocks, but damn these tail-backs coming out of college these days are sure ready for the pro's.
Bisi - going to be fun to watch, I can see why there's hype.
Saw a few nice players on the D side too.
Someone with a better eye than mine will have to critique Bradbury
Irv Jr has a steep learning curve ahead of him - typical for TE's

Smith seemed to attract a lot of bad throws...

Irv was my favorite TE in the draft, but even I don't expect much from him this season. Just too hard for TEs to come in their rookie seasons and make an impact. 

I thought the OL looked solid through all three lines. That 3rd line right side (Udoh and Samia) might be the future there. Thought Udoh looked great. 

Mattison looked good, but I think Boone is going to make a case for some carries this year as well. 

Udoh got same rave reviews last night. Jalyn Holmes could be a great find. Bisi has got a great build, might be the #4 WR. Beebe not playing much shows he's the #3.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Udoh got same rave reviews last night. Jalyn Holmes could be a great find. Bisi has got a great build, might be the #4 WR. Beebe not playing much shows he's the #3.
There were a lot of things the Vikings didn't show last night.

Beebe was one. Are the Vikings so high on him that they want to surprise teams in the regular season? Hearing Thielen talk about him being a sort of surprise weapon if teams focus too much on Thielen and Diggs, it almost sounds that way. 

They also didn't use the outside zone much with the starters. They used it a lot with the 3rd unit though. That Boone TD was a wide zone. That's going to be money for Cook. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Beebe was one. Are the Vikings so high on him that they want to surprise teams in the regular season? Hearing Thielen talk about him being a sort of surprise weapon if teams focus too much on Thielen and Diggs, it almost sounds that way. 

They also didn't use the outside zone much with the starters. They used it a lot with the 3rd unit though. That Boone TD was a wide zone. That's going to be money for Cook. 
I think that could be spot on about Beebe AND they don't want to get him hurt in the preseason. I've read Hill was not playing well in place of O'Neill??

Hill had a couple penalties in the first quarter.  Kirk was able to overcome the first one, but it stalled out the second drive with Mannion IIRC.

I thought Hercules and Holmes stood out early on defense.  For as undersized as Herc is...  he sure walked that OL back to get his sack from the inside.

I think Bisi Johnson showed up after getting talked about in TC practices.  He seems to be cementing his case to make the active roster.

Irv had a really nice catch and run negated by Treadwell.  Both he and Conklin looked like they can contribute as TE2 behind Rudy this year.  Cousins is going to have a lot of weapons at his disposal...  the offensive line seemed to play well.

Encouraging first game.  You can't draw too much from preseason, but the Vikings played pretty smooth and moved the ball quite a bit no matter who was in there.  That speaks to good coaching and a good game plan.

Any injuries of note?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I think that could be spot on about Beebe AND they don't want to get him hurt in the preseason. I've read Hill was not playing well in place of O'Neill??
Hill had two big holding calls...