Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News Vikings Tweak...
...Helmet Color  B)
EAGAN, Minn. — Fans tuning in to the Vikings 2019 preseason opener against the Saints in New Orleans on Friday will see Minnesota’s players in purple jerseys, which is slightly unique for road games, and are likely to notice that the team’s helmet color has been tweaked.
The Vikings unveiled new uniforms and matte purple helmets in 2013, but in certain lighting situations, particularly on television broadcasts, the color of the helmet did not appear to match the jersey.
[Image: dbk0qrkgrmceqxhb0dw4.jpg]
This offseason, discussions between team officials and supplier Riddell led to the color change to provide a more identical match between the helmet and jersey.
Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph helped illustrate the difference in the above photo. The helmet on the left is new and has replaced the helmet on the right.
https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-change-helmet-color-2019

This issue has been known for years.  Purple on cloth vs. plastic always is a difficult match due to how the light reflects off both surfaces.  Hopefully this new tweak will fix the issue.  

Here's a pick from the old days that shows the difference pretty well...

[Image: minnesota-vikings-defensive-linemen-chri...=2048x2048]

Quote: @Ralphie said:
This issue has been known for years.  Purple on cloth vs. plastic always is a difficult match due to how the light reflects off both surfaces.  Hopefully this ne tweak will fix the issue.  

Here's a pick from the old days that shows the difference pretty well...

[Image: minnesota-vikings-defensive-linemen-chri...=2048x2048]
Even the Jersey has Two tones - the Upper shiny part is purple, the lower mesh looks dark/navy blue!

Booooooo. Should have made the jersey darker to match the helmet!!!! 

Agree ^^^^

It's very bright, but I think it will look pretty sharp under the lights. 

It looks really good on tv. I know that was a factor. It's still purple so it works for me.

I liked the new look...at least the damn things match.

Yep, they finally match and do look good on TV