Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble in Chi-town?
Mitchell Trubisky has been a starting QB for just 3 years since high school. 2 years ago #Bears wasted first-team reps on Mike Glennon all camp. Trubisky’s NFL trajectory to this point has screamed upward. Obvi red flag if he begins to plateau or regress.
[Image: default_profile_normal.png]
Ajv
@antochi19
Replying to @ChiTownTeal1 and @evansilvaNope. Rich Campbell was on 670 AM Chicago and reported that Mitch Trubisky was still having accuracy issues against the second string defense. He said Nagy looked visibly frustrated, pissed. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Mitchell Trubisky has been a starting QB for just 3 years since high school. 2 years ago #Bears wasted first-team reps on Mike Glennon all camp. Trubisky’s NFL trajectory to this point has screamed upward. Obvi red flag if he begins to plateau or regress.
[Image: default_profile_normal.png]
Ajv
@antochi19
Replying to @ChiTownTeal1 and @evansilvaNope. Rich Campbell was on 670 AM Chicago and reported that Mitch Trubisky was still having accuracy issues against the second string defense. He said Nagy looked visibly frustrated, pissed. 
Sticky - you just brought a HUGE smile to my face! Im sure Mitch is a good person, but we don't need the Bears to have found their Franchise QB for the next 12 years.  

Well if he's performing like this, I hope they don't give up just yet.

Trubisky can hurt you in other ways, as he's shown, but the beauty of this is that accuracy is something that doesn't really improve. You either have it or you don't. And Trubisky don't. Let's all hope for the bust.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Trubisky can hurt you in other ways, as he's shown, but the beauty of this is that accuracy is something that doesn't really improve. You either have it or you don't. And Trubisky don't. Let's all hope for the bust.
Yep, have to run the offense that best fits your QB. That may limit you in some ways, but help in others. When I see Cousins 'scramble' or move in the pocket, it always appears like he's wearing shoes that weigh 20 lbs each. But that's not his game, accuracy is. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
Well if he's performing like this, I hope they don't give up just yet.
So true.  He has so much potential.

I always say watch for the over top overthrows from him---he's good for floating a few each game.

Trubisky is never going to be an elite QB based on what I've seen through two years. People can play it off due to his inexperience but he's wildly inconsistent and doesn't play well within structure. He is the guy who is best under pressure when he doesn't have play within the system, use his legs, and simply throw the ball up. The stats prove that a little bit too. Issue is the Bears end up playing close games because of it and that screams regression. 

You know, the only thing I like more then negative Bears news is negative Packers news. 

The only time I saw him be accurate was when they beat the snot out of us at home last December.