Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The national sports media Viking's gushfest continues.....
I really didn't see this coming...usually the national media is SO lazy, so if you sucked last year you'll suck this year.

BOTTOM LINE: The defensive personnel is still in its prime, while the offensive personnel (mostly) fits the zone-based system. This looks more like the Vikings club that reached the NFC Championship in 2017 than the one that missed the playoffs in 2018.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/24/minnes...ison-smith

Dunno, they usually find one darling they predict to turn it around.  usually that is Dallas or GB or the Browns.  But the infusion of coaching talent on the offensive side is a good reason to be bullish on the Vikes.

From CBSSports Jason LaCanfora:

Minnesota VikingsThe more I study this division the more I like the Vikings' chances. The offense has to be more proactive and pass-balanced than a year ago, right? And Kirk Cousinsshould be more comfortable there. The defense has no excuse not to get back to more elite levels of the past. The Bears will regress, the Packers already seem to have some internal issues and the Lions are the Lions. I have a feeling the Vikings find a way to win a few more close games and get back closer to their 2017 version. My gut instinct is they win this division by two games or more.  

It's a roller coaster ride with the talking heads. They will hype the team before the season but trash them during it. It doesn't really matter much, the results are what matter.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
From CBSSports Jason LaCanfora:

Minnesota VikingsThe more I study this division the more I like the Vikings' chances. The offense has to be more proactive and pass-balanced than a year ago, right? And Kirk Cousinsshould be more comfortable there. The defense has no excuse not to get back to more elite levels of the past. The Bears will regress, the Packers already seem to have some internal issues and the Lions are the Lions. I have a feeling the Vikings find a way to win a few more close games and get back closer to their 2017 version. My gut instinct is they win this division by two games or more.  
I like this.
Go with the gut feeling.
Most my gut feelings with regard to this team have been more queasy and wrenching. 
But hey it's still a feeling.

Its very natural to think of a team like Chicago, who came out of nowhere to win the NFCN last year, to regress. I'm not sure about that, at least not in a meaningful way. Maybe a game or two. I think they are solid. Mack does a lot of great things for that defense. Trubisky is the key. 

Obtaining Mack and adding him to the pieces already on that Bears D sucks for everyone else.

I do like our chances to make some noise this season. Lot of question marks for the Vikings, but legit reason for optimism too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Obtaining Mack and adding him to the pieces already on that Bears D sucks for everyone else.

I do like our chances to make some noise this season. Lot of question marks for the Vikings, but legit reason for optimism too. 
For sure. We all need to see it on the field, of course. We all agree on that. But definite reasons for optimism. 

I'm ready for football, the timing seems perfect this year. Offseason went quickly as I really didn't focus on the upcoming return of the season.