Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Again Searching For Hidden Gems at Wide Receiver
Every NFL team aspires to find the next Adam Thielen, an in-state Division-II football star that climbed the ladder and turned into a handsomely-paid Pro Bowler.
But just because the Vikings already have a Thielen, doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to find another one. Their two undrafted free agent receivers both come from non-power conference schools in the FCS: Davion Davis from Sam Houston State and Alexander Hollins from Eastern Illinois.

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/featured/v...-receiver/

Well, we do need a new punt returner...

… because the GM refuses to draft any actual competition for his busted 2016 1st round pick. 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
… because the GM refuses to draft any actual competition for his busted 2016 1st round pick. 
I disagree.  I think our GM, is starting to realize that WR is the most difficult position to judge, they have the highest bust rate in the 1st round, and having hit on Theilen and Diggs they have switched to acquiring several lottery tickets at the WR position.   I will say the 4 they picked up all in  the 7th round and UDFA all have potential.  With the the other WR I think this will be the most interesting battle in camp and I would not be shocked at all if Treadwell is traded or cut.  I had been holding out hope the last 2 years the light bulb would turn on, but it never did for us.  Time to move on.  

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
I guess that is one way to look at it...  or maybe we have other more pressing needs than spending another early pick on a WR when we have two stud WRs already.