Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z listening more to vets on D
https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/05/barr-zimmer-has-become-more-open-to-player-feedback/

This is a good thing in my mind. While our issues are primarily related to O, we have all seen the few games where the d imploded or could not make a big stop to grt us over the top

Over Zimmer’s last four seasons the Vikings have ranked fifth, sixth, first and ninth in points allowed. With Barr back in the mix and no significant losses outside of Sheldon Richardson, the expectations will be for the Vikings to put together a similarly strong season on the defensive side.
That D has gotten little help from the O more often than not, especially last year. I expect that defense to be the Vikings strength this season too. 

I can understand fans being bullish. For me? They've got to re-gain my trust to come-up big when it's needed most.

I'm a bit shell shocked still from some pretty awful games they've played. Chicago comes to mind.  Plenty of blame to go around; players and coaching. 

I am disappointed that the Vikings can't seem to beat the top shelf teams (except to slip past the Saints).  New England, Eagles, Rams, and now Chicago come to mind. 

The team has much to prove this season. 

This is encouraging: 
“I’ll tell you what I’ve seen these last few days, offensively they are vastly improved with the type of scheme that they’re running,” Barr said. “I think with the new pieces they have on the O-line and the new guys they have upstairs, the masterminds they have on the offensive side are going to pay dividends.”