Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade our draft
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
The TE is the key to the first 3 picks summing to a B or C for me. Time will tell. 
Kind where I'm at too.  They seem to be focussing on offense, which is good.  First pick: A, second: A, and the third seems pretty good too: B.

I'll give it a solid A/B.

To me the biggest question is how much did the team improve with these additions?  Are these guys talented enough to make this team a playoff team again?  Hope so, but I'd say as a group: "No" to that.

Hopefully some more OL and defensive  "gems" are uncovered and scooped up by the Vikes on day 3.

Just remember that something like 2/3rds of a team's roster is made of later round picks and UDFAs.

Every fucking year Rick does this and multiple players I love get passed over.

But you do need those late round picks and UDFAs to come in and push other guys who were late round selections that aren't developing off the Roster.

The goal is to get something out of it that eventually becomes a Starter or reliable depth. Diggs, Weatherly, Harris, Collins, Wilson, Bower...Thielen was a freaking walk-on.

I'm an analytics guy and get what he's doing. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. And I knew it was coming so I turned off the TV after the Smith pick, grabbed my guitar and learned Behind Blue Eyes. Seemed fitting.

C+ from me. And only because of Bradbury. 

I haven't been able to dedicate any time to this draft sadly. What I've read I'm excited about 1 and 2. The 3rd is disappointment. 
B+ 

I think this is a solid draft.  I loved Mattison and he fits what they needed to replace Murray.  I was hoping they would sign Mike Davis in free agency but he got paid pretty well.  Mattison is a STUD!
But, I would not have taken him there even though there was a run of backs in the 3rd.
Hakeem Butler is the player I want to see them get.