Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes could move Waynes 'if they wanted to'....
Darren Wolfson
@dwolfsonkstp
Replying to @tanishkamascara

Heard they could move Waynes if they wanted to. But no sense yet anything is close.

Read more:  http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/8918/heard-move-waynes#ixzz5m2C1sCIP

He'd make a great trade up type player if the right guy was there and Minnesota felt they needed two jump up. 

I think the Vikings probably already have a couple of potential deals already worked out with a couple of teams. Whether the trade is triggered or not most likely depends on what corners are available to those teams at a given draft slot. 

I still am going to double down and say they don't move Waynes. The caveat is someone offering up a 1st round pick. There are ways to work around the salary cap and keep him on the roster both in 2019 & long-term. They burned through DB depth last season, Holton Hill threw a wrench in things, and Mike Hughes although "ahead of schedule" won't be the same day one. The worst case scenario is getting a years worth of production and gaining a 3rd/4th round comp pick. 

If they trade Waynes, the day one starter is not on the roster right now and the #1backup is an AAL player. Do we  want a rookie o FA not on the team yet starting on opening day?

I think trading Waynes is nonsense. He’s a 26-year-old CB hand-picked and groomed by Mike Zimmer, who covets and keeps CBs - and runs a system that iften takes a player up to 2 years to understand fully. Far more likely he will get an extension this summer (which could provide a bit of cap relief).

Maybe if we get offered a #1 pick, but even then we should wonder why he is worth that much to another team.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I still am going to double down and say they don't move Waynes. The caveat is someone offering up a 1st round pick. There are ways to work around the salary cap and keep him on the roster both in 2019 & long-term. They burned through DB depth last season, Holton Hill threw a wrench in things, and Mike Hughes although "ahead of schedule" won't be the same day one. The worst case scenario is getting a years worth of production and gaining a 3rd/4th round comp pick. 
This assumes they will do nothing in free agency themselves.