Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Rick Have A Death Wish?

if it isnt OG or OT... then it better be Hockenson.  I hear non stop about the depth and quality of the DL in this draft... I dont care if they have a DL as a top 10 pick and he falls... if he falls its likely because other teams are dipping into the OL talent pool instead of taking the DL guys so that only further pushes the need to go OL in the first further up the ladder IMO.  Trade down a few spots if they can,  but they have to HAVE TO fill that OL talent gap early in this draft.  If they skip it in the first round then they almost have to double down in the 2nd and 3rd to make sure they get some options.

By the way,  I think Hockenson can help the run game,  so I dont see that pick as bailing on the fixing the OL mantra.  Him and Morgan in 2 TE sets... that really gives a boost the run with the PA to Hockenson as a very viable option.  I doubt like hell hes there at 18,  but I wouldnt be opposed to the pick.

I definitely agree on Hockenson...kickouts and sealing the edge...plus we HAVE TO make teams pay for doubling our WRs...other than one of the top 3 tackles, he might have the biggest impact at #18...

I'm fully expecting a run on OL to go right before we pick, which stinks, but even so, OL is our biggest need. We have a talented roster. We aren't the Arizona Cardinals or NYG that have holes everywhere. We have some areas we need to strengthen, but one GLARING need. I hope it gets addressed at #18.
I do love Hockenson too, but I think he'll be long gone anyways. Maybe to GB Confused