Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Woods
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Purple Haze said:
Is the old Tiger back ??  I don't know.  What does seem to be back is how he is once again getting in the other players heads..  In the past 5-10 years while he has been working on getting his game back and his health it seems the rest of the field has not had any concerns. He wasn't playing well, his back wasn't right nor was his mind.  Yesterday I saw Molanari trying to make the perfect shot and ended up in the water.  There is no way when leading the masters on the last day you don't make damn sure you have enough club to stay dry, but he felt the pressure from Tiger.  Then for Finau to follow right behind him and put his ball in the water.  That pretty much ended both their days.  Koepka had a put that would have put him even with Tiger but he admitted in an interview that he second guessed himself.  He said he knew it would break left as that put always does.  But he said Tigers put from about the same spot stayed right as did someone elses put.  So he played it to stay right and it went left like it always does.  Ive never really cared for Tiger as a person, he always seemed like a D-Bag but he was fun to watch.  His comeback has made golf fun to watch again and it reminds a lot of people just how good he guy was in his prime when week after week the betting line was Tiger or the field. 
I think Molinari watched 2 guys put it in the drink right before he teed up and that got in his head more than Tiger. He's usually a machine but that gets in your head more than anything especially since Tiger didn't hit until AFTER Molinari put it in the water. Regardless, I can only imagine how big the ratings will be for this Masters. It was a little weird watching it so early as they moved up the tee times to miss the incoming thunderstorms. 
It was a big mistake for really no reason.  He had a two stroke lead and should have been going for the center of the green.  

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
@Purple Haze said:
Is the old Tiger back ??  I don't know.  What does seem to be back is how he is once again getting in the other players heads..  In the past 5-10 years while he has been working on getting his game back and his health it seems the rest of the field has not had any concerns. He wasn't playing well, his back wasn't right nor was his mind.  Yesterday I saw Molanari trying to make the perfect shot and ended up in the water.  There is no way when leading the masters on the last day you don't make damn sure you have enough club to stay dry, but he felt the pressure from Tiger.  Then for Finau to follow right behind him and put his ball in the water.  That pretty much ended both their days.  Koepka had a put that would have put him even with Tiger but he admitted in an interview that he second guessed himself.  He said he knew it would break left as that put always does.  But he said Tigers put from about the same spot stayed right as did someone elses put.  So he played it to stay right and it went left like it always does.  Ive never really cared for Tiger as a person, he always seemed like a D-Bag but he was fun to watch.  His comeback has made golf fun to watch again and it reminds a lot of people just how good he guy was in his prime when week after week the betting line was Tiger or the field. 
I think Molinari watched 2 guys put it in the drink right before he teed up and that got in his head more than Tiger. He's usually a machine but that gets in your head more than anything especially since Tiger didn't hit until AFTER Molinari put it in the water. Regardless, I can only imagine how big the ratings will be for this Masters. It was a little weird watching it so early as they moved up the tee times to miss the incoming thunderstorms. 
It was a big mistake for really no reason.  He had a two stroke lead and should have been going for the center of the green.  
thats the Tiger affect... good golfers make uncharacteristic mistakes when he is on the prowl.  in his prime they had to play knowing that down the stretch Tiger was going to make that unprobable shot and pick up a bird or two where the rest of the field wouldnt and that makes people look for ways to manufacture and edge and take risks.  I dont know if that old shot maker is still in Tiger for sure,  but that doesnt really matter,  it just matters if the rest of the field THINKS its still in there.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
@Purple Haze said:
Thats exactly what I thought.  If he had gone for the middle of the green then I would bet Tiger would have went for the pin.  Since he put it in the drink Tiger knew he was going to make up at least one stroke if not two so he is the one who played it safe and went for the middle and two putted for par.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Purple Haze said:
I didnt realize two in front of him put it in the water.  To me that means Tiger was way into his head.  He has a 2 shot lead on the last round and just watched 2 guys put it in the water.  That tells me that either the wind or rain is holding the ball up a bit. You have to make sure you are going to make the green in that situation so club up, shoot for the middle and make sure you get there.  Put the pressure on Tiger to put it close. Tiger completely schooled them as soon as he put it in the drink, he reversed the momentum and forced Molanari to be the one to make the great shots while Tiger just played it safe for the most part.  You could see the experience of playing Augusta come throught for Tiger the last few holes.