Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beat this
Quote: @"rf54" said:
my latest, two trades 18 to 20, then 20 to 22, all my top choices still on the board

Your score is: 30403 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22 (BALT): TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Dalton Risner, OT/OG, Kansas St. (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (PITT): Juan Thornhill, SS, Virginia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (BALT): Germaine Pratt, OLB, NC State (A)
Round 3 Pick 38 (BALT): Jachai Polite, DE, Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 18: Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 6 Pick 36 (COMP): Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M (A+)

Read more: http://purplepainforums.com/thread/331/nfl-draft-simulator?page=6#ixzz5l7YKFKwB
I'm hoping Hockenson goes before our pick. Really not a fan of taking a TE in the first round. In fact, I hate the idea. But I agree it's something the Vikings may do. Love the next two picks. Pratt is probably my favorite linebacker in this draft. Former safety can really cover, but even if he beats out Gedeon, which he almost certainly would, you're talking about a guy who will play on 40% of snaps. 3rd round is about as high as I'd go for a player like that. At some point, Polite will have some value, but he has more red flags than the Beijing Olympics. Ozigbo and Hurd are great late picks. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"rf54" said:
my latest, two trades 18 to 20, then 20 to 22, all my top choices still on the board

Your Picks:

Read more: http://purplepainforums.com/thread/331/nfl-draft-simulator?page=6#ixzz5l7YKFKwB
I'm hoping Hockenson goes before our pick. Really not a fan of taking a TE in the first round. In fact, I hate the idea. But I agree it's something the Vikings may do. Love the next two picks. Pratt is probably my favorite linebacker in this draft. Former safety can really cover, but even if he beats out Gedeon, which he almost certainly would, you're talking about a guy who will play on 40% of snaps. 3rd round is about as high as I'd go for a player like that. At some point, Polite will have some value, but he has more red flags than the Beijing Olympics. Ozigbo and Hurd are great late picks. 
Hockenson is supposed to be a generational player, ie; The Gronk.  Just saying....

Quote: @"lakeerievike" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"rf54" said:

Your Picks:

Hockenson is supposed to be a generational player, ie; The Gronk.  Just saying....
I've had this argument before, but Gronk was a 2nd rounder. Ertz a 2nd. Kelce a 3rd. Kittle a 5th. Last eight 1st rounders were Hurst, Howard, Engram, Njoku, Ebron, Eifert, Gresham, Pettigrew, Keller. If we didn't already have a TE...AND if TEs didn't take so long to develop....AND we didn't have bigger needs at OL and DL...AND this wasn't an historically deep TE class...I could see it. But I think the Vikings can fill bigger needs at 18 and get much better value at TE in the middle rounds with Sternberger, Knox, Oliver, Warring, Moreau. We'll have to check back in 3 or 4 years, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the best TE from this class is among that middle round group. 

[Image: fkdw1c93zlzi.jpeg]

I just did one on thedraftnetwork's site.

18: Devin Bush Jr, LB, Mich.
50: Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa St.
81: Yodny Cajuste, OT, West Virginia
120: Damien Harris, RB Alabama
190: Ryan Bates, OT Penn State
209: Alex Bars, IOL, Notre Dame
247: Jamal Peters, CB, Miss. St.
250: Byron Cowart, DT Maryland

[Image: l2q0gzj870sv.jpg]

Ferrell was rated way too high to not take at 18. A quick YouTube check showcased him playing Everson's spot, and I was sold. Great rotational guy and future starter.

Smith apparently was rated higher than Noah Fant. I thought Smith looked shifty for a TE and was surprised with his ability to create space in and out of his routes.

McCoy. I dunno... we need a lineman and he was the best available... and he's a center.

Danien Harris in the 4th seems like pretty good value. Cook and Harris as a 1/2? umm.....

OT, LB, G. I figure either of these lineman can swing until they stick somewhere along the line. Hodge seems like the kind of player that could benefit tremendously from NFL coaching and conditioning.

Jaylen Smith seems like a nice 7th round flyer...

-----

to be complete honest, i haven't been following prospects or the draft much again this offseason... 

I just had Kyler Murray fall to us on TheDraftNetwork's site last night. Highly unlikely, but dang that had me wondering what we'd do the rest of the night...

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I just had Kyler Murray fall to us on TheDraftNetwork's site last night. Highly unlikely, but dang that had me wondering what we'd do the rest of the night...
If he fell that far i would run to the podium 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:
If he fell that far i would run to the podium 

right? just hold on for the ride at that point, i was thinking...

DK Metcalf and Devin Bush Jr. we're also, for whatever reason, still on the board at 18 as well. It was slightly ironic; I came here yesterday afternoon, found these links and got real excited - knocked out a bunch of mocks. Then last night, I whip my phone out in front of a buddy really excited to show him a draft simulator. First draft, Murray falls to us and he proceeds to give me a ton of shit over how dumb the simulator is. I do a second one quick, and 3 QBs are off the board before 18.