Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odell Beckham to Browns
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The Browns have real talent on that team. This isn't smoke and mirrors. Real potential to be a force in the AFC. 
^^^

Beat me to it...

They're going to be fun to watch and their fans deserve a chance at some optimism...

The Steelers lost a ton, the Ravens lost a ton, the Browns gained a ton. The media will hype Cleveland all offseason.

But if the League has taught me anything it's the sheer unpredictability from one year round the next.

So gimme the Steelers or Ravens to win their Division while Cleveland has a baffling 8-8 season.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
The Steelers lost a ton, the Ravens lost a ton, the Browns gained a ton. The media will hype Cleveland all offseason.

But if the League has taught me anything it's the sheer unpredictability from one year round the next.

So gimme the Steelers or Ravens to win their Division while Cleveland has a baffling 8-8 season.
No doubt. Expectations are a heavy responsibility.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Giants with the juice to get their QB of the future...
they got some good juice out of this.  Considering what Brown brought, Giants got a great deal.

[Image: xqQ8uSJ__bigger.jpg]Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz
FollowingFollowing @geoffschwartz
More
I hope ppl don’t think Odell is an actual distraction in the locker room because he proposed to a kicking net once. He’s loved in the locker room. Works his ass off. Keeps it loose in the locker room. Clearly an excellent playmaker. If he was traded for being a distraction. Yikes

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
More
I hope ppl don’t think Odell is an actual distraction in the locker room because he proposed to a kicking net once. He’s loved in the locker room. Works his ass off. Keeps it loose in the locker room. Clearly an excellent playmaker. If he was traded for being a distraction. Yikes
He might be loved in the lockerroom, but the distractions on the field when the ball doesn't come his way, or he gets shutdown are a headache.
Clearly Geoff understands it wasn't about the proposal, but about attacking the net.  And letting Josh Norman get in his head.  X shut him down and got in his head too.   At that point, he becomes a liability on the field. 

Kinda like Cam Newton.  While winning, they are fun loving and jovial and great players.  When they hit some interference, then they become pouty and sullen and drag the team down.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
More
He might be loved in the lockerroom, but the distractions on the field when the ball doesn't come his way, or he gets shutdown are a headache.
Clearly Geoff understands it wasn't about the proposal, but about attacking the net.  And letting Josh Norman get in his head.  X shut him down and got in his head too.   At that point, he becomes a liability on the field. 

Kinda like Cam Newton.  While winning, they are fun loving and jovial and great players.  When they hit some interference, then they become pouty and sullen and drag the team down.
Meanwhile, the Giants receivers are...

1. Sterling Shepard
2. Corey Coleman
3. Quadree Henderson
4. Jawill Davis
5. Alonzo Russell
6. Brittan Golden

Let's just say I'm happy that we have the Giants on our schedule next year and not the Browns. The bad thing is that the team with the pick right in front of us is no longer the OL-stacked Browns, but the OL-needy Giants. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
More

Meanwhile, the Giants receivers are...

1. Sterling Shepard
2. Corey Coleman
3. Quadree Henderson
4. Jawill Davis
5. Alonzo Russell
6. Brittan Golden

Let's just say I'm happy that we have the Giants on our schedule next year and not the Browns. The bad thing is that the team with the pick right in front of us is no longer the OL-stacked Browns, but the OL-needy Giants. 

And a WR starved team as well.  I guess Odell's talent just wasn't worth the possible headache as they transition from Eli to some young guy, and maybe another younger guy since this years QBs suck.

It's starting to seem surprising the Browns still have cap space. I know they have the magic "QB on a rookie contract" that the entire league has declared a formula for success, but even Mayfield has a cap hit of $7M this year. Meanwhile they have over $33M in their top 3 WRs, $15M for Vernon, a dozen players in the $5-$10M range, and significant dead cap to Zeitler, Peppers, Jamie Collins... I guess we just have too many players over $10M and one WAY over.