Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Giants send Olivier Vernon to Browns for Kevin Zeitler
Double shit

[Image: CLE.png]
Browns acquired DE Olivier Vernon and a 2019 fourth-round pick from the Giants in exchange for RG Kevin Zeitler and a 2019 fifth-round pick.The Browns are on the losing end of this trade, shipping a premier guard out for an overpaid pass rusher, but there's no doubt pass-rusher is a far more valuable position than interior offensive line. Zeitler was Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard last year, but GM John Dorsey seemed motivated to move him. They want Austin Corbett to step into that void. Vernon was a big disappointment in New York, but maybe a change of scenery and a shift back to 4-3 base defensive end will help jolt his game. Vernon is theoretically still in the prime of his career.
RELATED: 

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Have to wonder if this would be Griffen if not for the mental breakdown. 
I would love to believe that Spielman was doing everything he could to get Zeitler once he became available.
But, I don't think Spielman valued Zeitler at 10 mil per year going forward.
Since Vernon is two years younger than Griffen and did not miss games because of a mental issue, the Browns made the right choice.
I think it will be hard to trade Griffen really.  Only if the Vikings will accept a 5th and give back a 7th.

your right, but he missed the first 5 games due to an ankle injury.
Are you sure?
https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/23/vikings-everson-griffen-to-return-after-one-month-absence-for-mental-health-issue/
Star defensive end Everson Griffen will return to the Vikings on
Wednesday after being away from the team for a month to address a
mental-health issue.

The Vikings announced on Tuesday that Griffen will return after missing
five games. He was listed as out because of a knee injury for the first
one and as not injury related for the next four.

Either way Vernon is younger.  But it very well could be that the Vikings were happy with Remmers last year.
Quite  B)   I was referring to Vernon, whom the Giants were very frustrated w/ his lingering ankle “injury” to start the season.