Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, who's our OL Coach again???
Quote: @"matt4787" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
They could be waiting for the Rams and Patriots to finish. 
very valid point,  but couldnt they talk to those guys during their bye weeks?
I don't see the Patriots nor Rams giving permission to interview for a job that is a lateral move while they are focused on the Superbowl.
Who says it was going to be a lateral move?  it would  be some asst position coach or a advisor of some kind.  I don't think anybody would leave a team that is in the playoffs for a lateral move.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"matt4787" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I don't see the Patriots nor Rams giving permission to interview for a job that is a lateral move while they are focused on the Superbowl.
Who says it was going to be a lateral move?  it would  be some asst position coach or a advisor of some kind.  I don't think anybody would leave a team that is in the playoffs for a lateral move.
The NFL considers all coaching moves that are not for a head coaching position a lateral move. Therefore a coach who is still under contract can be stopped for interviewing for a new team unless it is for the head coach. 

I think we could give pumpf a go at it. I mean there isn't anyone now that I know of.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"matt4787" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Anyone that isn't to promoted to Head Coach is considered a lateral move. 

So at this point in time, does it seem likely the person they want to coach the OL is on the Patriots or Rams? 

Are they waiting for the new league year to start?

Anyone else find it odd (disconcerting?) that such a key position remains unfilled in Feb??

Whatever became of the Mike Sherman interview for OL coach? I guess not much!

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
So at this point in time, does it seem likely the person they want to coach the OL is on the Patriots or Rams? 

Are they waiting for the new league year to start?

Anyone else find it odd (disconcerting?) that such a key position remains unfilled in Feb??
Yeah, it is odd. Who was the OL coach that is associated with Kubiak or are they looking for someone on the Patriots or Rams? I don't think that promoting either of the current OL coaches is likely an option.