Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metrics That Matter: Cook vs Fournette

I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit for Cook, but.....here's what excites me about him:

- He's a true 214 lbs of muscle on that 5'10" frame. He's not a Warrick Dunn, he's bigger and stronger. A real NFL RB.
- His vision and moves are superior, his feet are constantly moving.
- He's going to flourish catching the football in the NFL. His hands are good, despite some drops.
- Plays best in the biggest games. 
- Game speed is stellar, ran a 4.47 at his Pro Day.

To your last point, fire up his games last year vs Michigan and Clemson...

I'm not saying this is 98 all over again with Moss sliding all the way to 21 and we'll go 15-1...but I will go as far as to say this is a lot like adding a Chuck Foreman to a 7-7 Vikings squad in 72...dynamic player in the running and passing game...our O should be much more effective as far as chunk yardage plays...

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit for Cook, but.....here's what excites me about him:

- He's a true 214 lbs of muscle on that 5'10" frame. He's not a Warrick Dunn, he's bigger and stronger. A real NFL RB.
- His vision and moves are superior, his feet are constantly moving.
- He's going to flourish catching the football in the NFL. His hands are good, despite some drops.
- Plays best in the biggest games. 

He balls. Flat out gamer. Don't let his 5'10 frame fool you.

I was never real high on Fournette and have said Cook is better since they were in college. Cook is more of a faster Bell and Fornette is more of a Peterson type back. 

I feel Cook is the better back and will prove that. 

I think Fournette is a special back and I would've taken him ahead of Cook for "anyteam." But I do think Cook probably fits what we're trying to do a little better. And 4 vs. 37 gives us the clear win on that. But both are really good players. 

I just keep coming back to the fact that we gave up a 1st for Bradford and it's like we gave up nothing. I'm convinced that if Teddy had not been hurt, and we had kept that 14th pick, we probably would've taken Cook there, too. And Elflein would not have been too bad of a reach in the 2nd. 

When folks evaluate that trade over the years, they will have to take into consideration the success or failure of all three players. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Some players are fast in shorts (Murray) and some are fast in pads. Cook is a player who is plenty fast in shorts, but in game action, he's always looks like he's the fastest guy on the field. 

I am cautiously optimistic. I know he can ball just hoping there are no off the field issues.