Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Viking
&igshid=16l14jpvnlal5

Best times of my life were moments like these with my daughter and son.
Love it!

Memories of Pop Warner football and Little League baseball with my son screaming my frigg'in guts out.  lmao

I guess I'm a little different: I loved when my son was that age, but I also loved the time at 9 years old....and 14.....and 18. And now just turning 25. I don't pine for his younger days, I've enjoyed it all along. To sit with him, have a beer and listen to him discuss adult topics intelligently and thoughtfully today is a great source of pride and enjoyment for me. He's smart and genuine. I love the adult version as much as any.  <3

The part I like best is watching my grandson getting onto my son's last nerve.  I usually starting laughing and telling him "Welcome to my world".  Both are good human beings though. 

Gotta be honest...my daughter between 13 and 15....I wanted to open my arteries

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Gotta be honest...my daughter between 13 and 15....I wanted to open my arteries
lol  Been there to my friend.

Best was seeing the five year old decleating the neighbors frosty the snowman, with a #4 Farve GB jersey.  Obliterated the mofo. Can't say say I didn't make a suggestion, emotional execution was all his.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I guess I'm a little different: I loved when my son was that age, but I also loved the time at 9 years old....and 14.....and 18. And now just turning 25. I don't pine for his younger days, I've enjoyed it all along. To sit with him, have a beer and listen to him discuss adult topics intelligently and thoughtfully today is a great source of pride and enjoyment for me. He's smart and genuine. I love the adult version as much as any.  <3
I totally agree.  I cannot think of a bad age with my boy groing up.  I spent countless hours with him practicing pitching the back yard to the point where I am actually experiencing some elbow issuse now.  Taking carloads of boys to and from hockey tournaments all over the midwest.  I loved all of it and wouldn’t change any of it.

He’s 17 now and all of it has been, a terrific ride.  Never any trouble and a great set of friends.  These kids are much better than I was when I was their age.