Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we assign a guy to handle Clock Management / Replays during games?
I just read this article about the Falcons doing this. And Sean McVay did this a year ago. Sounds like a good idea. If we did this, who should it be?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...d-replays/

maybe not a bad idea.  There is so much on the HC plate during a game.  Someone that doesn't have other issues clouding their mind can keep the analytics of it all in front of them.
The other side, some of that needs to get governed by the gut feel, the flow of the game. 

Yes.
Tell ya this much, I don't know about our stadium, but I've seen some replay "home cooking" going on in opponents stadiums.
Most recently the Rams game here against the Vikes...there were a couple of times in the stadium where there was no replay on the big board.....which one's you ask?

The one's where it was obvious the Vikes got screwed on the call.
Then, when the call could go in favor of the home team...it's splashed REPEATEDLY on the big screens.

Bottom line is, there should be someone up in the booth reviewing this stuff IMO.

I like the idea, especially on replays/challenges.  They can play the mental chess as the "what happens if" scenarios play out.  As to what degree of authority they have would need to be ironed out between them and the DC/OC/HC.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Yes.
Tell ya this much, I don't know about our stadium, but I've seen some replay "home cooking" going on in opponents stadiums.
Most recently the Rams game here against the Vikes...there were a couple of times in the stadium where there was no replay on the big board.....which one's you ask?

The one's where it was obvious the Vikes got screwed on the call.
Then, when the call could go in favor of the home team...it's splashed REPEATEDLY on the big screens.

Bottom line is, there should be someone up in the booth reviewing this stuff IMO.
There is a guy in the booth, but my question is, what video do they have access to?  Is it the yammering heads showing off their lack of style instead of replaying the obvious hose job?  Is it the stadium feed and the obvious home field advantage? 

I think they should have access to all feeds of the network television IMO and some way to control that replay for themselves.

Good Question ^^^^ Agree

I've always been VERY impressed with the feed from the TV Network.Replay from SEVERAL angles, slow mo, different angles.

to the best of memory,  there are already assistants in the booth that are rewatching what ever they have at their disposal to relay to Zimmer any pertinent information regarding challenges.  keep in mind that often these decisions have to be made in about 10-30 seconds and that really doesnt leave a lot of time to find the view/angle you need to show what you think you need to see,  rewind a play,  and then replay it in slow motion to get the information down to the sideline.  I think a lot of it has to do with what is seen live by those on the field and those on the sideline.

as far as home cooking on the big screen... every team does that.

Should we assign a guy to handle Clock Management / Replays during games?Yes, me... I’ll do it! B) B) B)