Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bucs request HC interview with Vikings DC George Edwards
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...4905699329&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.1500espn.com%2Fvikings-2%2F2018%2F12%2Freport-bucs-request-hc-interview-vikings-dc-george-edwards%2F

Good chance he will be gone. I would promote Patterson to DC and let him take over playcalling duties. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
Good chance he will be gone. I would promote Patterson to DC and let him take over playcalling duties. 
Why would you do that?  Patterson is one of the best in the league at what he does, why would you have him do something different?  Maybe he'd be great at playcalling, but is there any evidence at all that would suggest that he would be good at it and that it'd be worth the downgrade at DLine coach?

They are considering someone who is a DCINO (Defensive Coordinator In Name Only)??

The jaded part of me can't help but think that Edwards gets interviews mostly because he's black and helps teams with their diversity quota requirement. I hope that's not the case. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"TBro" said:
Why would you do that?  Patterson is one of the best in the league at what he does, why would you have him do something different?  Maybe he'd be great at playcalling, but is there any evidence at all that would suggest that he would be good at it and that it'd be worth the downgrade at DLine coach?
I understand your concerns about promoting him, but he has served as a DC at the College Level and worked with Zimmer in Dallas before coming back to the Vikings for his second stint. I don't want to try another Flip experiment when we have capable coaches on the staff that could fill that role. I want to keep the defensive philosophy the same, but have someone else handle playcalling duties. Patterson can still be hands on with the defensive line just like Zimmer is with the defensive backs.