Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seachickens perspective... Vikings too?
Why it’s important for the Seahawks to secure the 5-seedIf the Minnesota Vikings make the playoffs this weekend, it will mean that the Seattle Seahawkshave played every NFC postseason team this year save for themselves and the New Orleans Saints. In those games, they beat the Dallas Cowboys and Vikings, while losing twice to the LA Rams and once to the Chicago Bears.
In my opinion there’s only one team in the NFC — in reality, the whole NFL — that I don’t think you want to face if you don’t have to and that’s the Saints.
read more...
Sea Gulls

If I could choose playoff opponents...  I would take Dallas in the WC Round and the Rams in the Divisional Round.

Stay away from Chicago (and that nasty defense) and the Saints in the Divisional Round (tough out at home).

Quote: @Wetlander said:
If I could choose playoff opponents...  I would take Dallas in the WC Round and the Rams in the Divisional Round.

Stay away from Chicago (and that nasty defense) and the Saints in the Divisional Round (tough out at home).
So if we win on Sunday and the Seahawks lose, do we get the 5th seed and then play the Cowboys?

If you're #6 you know if you win in the WC round you are going to New Orleans. If you're #5 there's a chance you get the Rams if #6 does win. Seems better to have more options especially if one of those options is avoiding the Saints and hoping they get knocked out.
Edit: #2 could still be the Bears I guess. I skipped that scenario. That one means I've stopped caring.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather play the Saints than the Seahawks. We talked a few weeks ago about the Vikings becoming "that team" that no one wants to face. Instead, I think it's the Seahawks. Vikings can still be a team like that with a meaningful statement game on Sunday, so we'll see. 

One thing I just realized: if the Vikings win, they knock Philly out of the playoffs. If that's not added incentive I don't know what is.