Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the GOAT play another season? Or 2?
Tom Brady on His Future: 'I Absolutely Believe I Will' Play in 2019 and Beyond

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

i have not watched him play much this year, but my got reaction is this is not a “one” season too many for Brady.  question is why is belecheek not trading Brady?   i mean hes done it with other top notch players seemingly with gas left in the tank.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
i have not watched him play much this year, but my got reaction is this is not a “one” season too many for Brady.  question is why is belecheek not trading Brady?   i mean hes done it with other top notch players seemingly with gas left in the tank.
The downside (that he goes to another team and wins while the Patriots struggle) greatly outweighs what another team would give in trade. Yes, he is the GOAT, but 42 next year. Until Brad Childress gets another HC job, how much would any other team offer for him - a 3rd round pick, max?

BTW I figured this thread would be about Peterson. And I am certain he will be playing next year - probably has earned a much nicer contract.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@PapaScott said:
The downside (that he goes to another team and wins while the Patriots struggle) greatly outweighs what another team would give in trade. Yes, he is the GOAT, but 42 next year. Until Brad Childress gets another HC job, how much would any other team offer for him - a 3rd round pick, max?
Who knows what some team might offer, and I say it mostly in jest and to point out a potential exception to the bleacheeks personna of everyone is expendable, tradeable etc.,..

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@PapaScott said:
a 3rd?  really?  i think every team would give up a 3rd for a year or two. more has been given for much less

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Kraft wouldn't allow it. Neither would Brady. He'd just retire.