Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR's - tough decision
My first post here......
We have about 10 on the roster now. I would hate to be the decision maker on cut day. Some pretty good talent going to be cut.

Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, and Floyd are locks in my opinion.  After that, it is anyone's guess... 
The team was reportedly trying to trade Jarius Wright last offseason.  Sterling Shepard just went down with a bad ankle injury from early reports...  maybe the Giants come knocking with a 6th or 7th round pick in a trade offer for a Vikings veteran slot WR?  I would think he makes it, but if any of the young guys impress I could see him being released for a younger (and cheaper) option given his limited role in the offense last season.
As far as the young guys...  Fruechte has been impressing in camp and is my dark horse to make the final 53.  Good size and speed.  Built a lot like Michael Floyd.  Adams and Coley will be fighting to make the final 53 and both may not make it.  Mobo is a freak athletically, but I'm not sure if he's learned enough to make the team.  If he stands out on special teams he might have a chance, but another year on the practice squad seems likely.
If I had to make a guess right now... here is how it will shake out.
WR (6) - Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell, Floyd (suspended 4 games), Wright, and Fruechte
* Coley or Adams makes the final 53 while Floyd is suspended and is placed on the practice squad when he returns

Floyd suspension allows one additional person.  If it's at WR then... 3 make it for a while....

Adams, Jones, Coley are the 3 I suspect.   

Obviously if they keep Wright then one of the goes to PS.

When Floyd comes back either Adams or Coley go to PS.

Fruetche to PS.

Welcome, FLVike!

Lots of talent...better than Bobby Wade and Robert Ferguson era...we're as good 1-4 as anyone... 

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
My first post here......
We have about 10 on the roster now. I would hate to be the decision maker on cut day. Some pretty good talent going to be cut.
[Image: g7f34gj5uza9.jpg]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Welcome, FLVike!

Lots of talent...better than Bobby Wade and Robert Ferguson era...we're as good 1-4 as anyone... 
Remember when we were excited for Devin Aromashodu? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Welcome, FLVike!

Thanks for that reminder.  Yikes.