Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow just wow
That was a fantastic game. One of the best so far this season. When I watch other teams play, I am looking at the offense lines. Hopefully the Vikings can get one soon. There was some interesting officiating as always but now the Chiefs and Chargers are tied. Plus I won money on this one. Ah yeah!

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
That was a fantastic game. One of the best so far this season. When I watch other teams play, I am looking at the offense lines. Hopefully the Vikings can get one soon. There was some interesting officiating as always but now the Chiefs and Chargers are tied. Plus I won money on this one. Ah yeah!
The officiating was suspect all game. The defensive holding calls were unbelievably ticky tack then they allow a WR to have a obvious push off in the endzone. The NFL is a joke sometimes when it comes to favoring offenses.

Mahomes is a great kid, he really is. But because of the media's ridiculous gushing over the guy non-stop, I find myself rooting against him almost. Its stupid how crazy they are about it. The media is geared toward a different viewer that is not me anymore.....I've gotten old and cranky, I guess, with the hyperbole. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Mahomes is a great kid, he really is. But because of the media's ridiculous gushing over the guy non-stop, I find myself rooting against him almost. Its stupid how crazy they are about it. The media is geared toward a different viewer that is not me anymore.....I've gotten old and cranky, I guess, with the hyperbole. 
I rarely watch the NFL without the mute button engaged.

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
The officiating was suspect all game. The defensive holding calls were unbelievably ticky tack then they allow a WR to have a obvious push off in the endzone. The NFL is a joke sometimes when it comes to favoring offenses.
THIS!,  I watched the bolts last 2 scoring drives and while the chiefs D is not solid,  they were allowing the bolts receivers to do things that are certainly outside the rules to get separation.

I so agree.  I miss meaningful commentary.  The commentators don't even discuss when players are not on the field, etc.  Very superficial and seems like they have talking points every game and they are going to use those talking points regardless of whether they actually apply (example: Flip is going to be highly sought after head coach prospect). 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I so agree.  I miss meaningful commentary.  The commentators don't even discuss when players are not on the field, etc.  Very superficial and seems like they have talking points every game and they are going to use those talking points regardless of whether they actually apply (example: Flip is going to be highly sought after head coach prospect). 
i have heard them repeat,  word for word,  lines from one time they cover a team to the next time.  its like the old history teacher that just dusts off the same lecture year after year,  except sometime things change with teams.... like when they would talk about how our O is known for running the ball so well,  several years after ADs peak.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
i have heard them repeat,  word for word,  lines from one time they cover a team to the next time.  its like the old history teacher that just dusts off the same lecture year after year,  except sometime things change with teams.... like when they would talk about how our O is known for running the ball so well,  several years after ADs peak.
How great our offensive line several years after they were elite and was currently awful.

I have no issues with him. I am ignoring a lot of the hype and hyperbole. I really like him and I am not going to let the talking heads ruin that. They always pick certain people to hype, that's nothing new. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I have no issues with him. I am ignoring a lot of the hype and hyperbole. I really like him and I am not going to let the talking heads ruin that. They always pick certain people to hype, that's nothing new. 
All the above true, my buddy showed me his highlight reel & it is somethiing
That pass across the field throwing off his back foot against chargers was typical of the clips & his improvising is Farvesque