Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going against the common perception
Just thought this was interesting from vikings.com.  Goes against the standard "woe is us" lines.

2 — A Vikings win Sunday night would give Minnesota
back-to-back victories at Soldier Field, something that last happened
during the 1999 and 2000 seasons. The Vikings have won two of their past
three games in Chicago.

18 — The Vikings are an even 18-18 in franchise history on Sunday Night Football. Minnesota had won three straight games in the prime-time slot before falling to New Orleans on SNF earlier this season.

no takers?  Just found it odd how most of us have the perception that we such in prime-time and can't win in Chicago.  It was shocking to me for sure.

Surprises me too.  I really thought the Vikes sucked in prime time and was shocked that they'd won three in row prior to the Aint's give away. 

I assume the wins in 1999 and 2000 made it 3 in a row. We did not lose to the Bears in 1998.
I'll say what I've been saying, if the Vikings want to be taken as serious contenders in the NFC, they need to win this game.  I don't care that the game is at night or in prime time.  Those things are irrelevant.  That it is on the road matters, but that is only worth a couple of points. If they want to be an OK team that wins just enough to miss the playoffs or maybe limps in with the help of other teams, then feel free to lose this game and cite a bunch of excuses and note areas for future improvement.
I expect a win. I don't care how we get it, just get it.

if recollect we handled the fuck out of thr bears in the 90s

92-94, 96-99

all victories

i think we have been stung by 3 particular losses

all 3 losses changed the fate of oir team that year. All 3 losses we were favorites. 03 and 16 Ws put us in the playoffs, 09 gives us HFA

Quote: @Skodin said:
if recollect we handled the fuck out of thr bears in the 90s

92-94, 96-99

all victories

i think we have been stung by 3 particular losses

all 3 losses changed the fate of oir team that year. All 3 losses we were favorites. 03 and 16 Ws put us in the playoffs, 09 gives us HFA
16 was really the beginning of the slide.  We lost in Philly with the offense failing to score twice after turnovers gave them the ball in the redzone.  But if we had bounced back against the bears, I think our season could have been salvaged.  That loss really hurt.  And yes the 09 shouldn't have happened.

Quote: @greediron said:
Just thought this was interesting from vikings.com.  Goes against the standard "woe is us" lines.

2 — A Vikings win Sunday night would give Minnesota
back-to-back victories at Soldier Field, something that last happened
during the 1999 and 2000 seasons. The Vikings have won two of their past
three games in Chicago.

18 — The Vikings are an even 18-18 in franchise history on Sunday Night Football. Minnesota had won three straight games in the prime-time slot before falling to New Orleans on SNF earlier this season.
I think the sucking on Primetime and on grass really started in the 2009 season when the Vikes lost. @Cardinals (primetime), @Carolina (primetime), @ Bears (primetime) and all 3 of those losses were against significantly inferior teams than the Vikings. The only loss in the regular season that I think makes sense was @Steelers and that game was close and I believe it was lost by a Chester Taylor fumble at end. But Carolina and Cardinals destroyed the Vikes. And Bears were destroying the Vikings until Favre had an insane second half to bring the game to OT (Peterson fumble in OT).