Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Griffen look vs. the Lions?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
He looked good. They all looked good. Richardson, Hunter, Griff...and damned if Tom Johnson isn't ideally suited for Zimmer's defense. He's a below average player everywhere else, but he seems to really excel in Zimmer's scheme. 
Not sure he is a below average player elsewhere, where has he been other than here? 
Colts, Saints, Seahawks...
don’t forget NFL Europe & the CFL too...

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
He looked good. They all looked good. Richardson, Hunter, Griff...and damned if Tom Johnson isn't ideally suited for Zimmer's defense. He's a below average player everywhere else, but he seems to really excel in Zimmer's scheme. 
Not sure he is a below average player elsewhere, where has he been other than here? 
Point being, he was with us for most of his years, then had a cup of lukewarm coffee in Seattle before they foolishly tried to play roster games with him. 

So yeah, he was briefly elsewhere, so how is below average?
WTF??? TJ began his career in the NFL the same year as Chad Greenway. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Point being, he was with us for most of his years, then had a cup of lukewarm coffee in Seattle before they foolishly tried to play roster games with him. 

He bounced around and never really latched on.  CFL, arena and all that.  So yes, below average and all that.

Or he started to figure it out and actually was on an NFL regular roster after 5 years.  He started to be a solid role player with the Saints .  Then in the year before Zimmer was here, he really blossomed and had 6.5 sacks.  And he really hasn't been anywhere else (preseason in Seattle) since he developed.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

He bounced around and never really latched on.  CFL, arena and all that.  So yes, below average and all that.

Or he started to figure it out and actually was on an NFL regular roster after 5 years.  He started to be a solid role player with the Saints .  Then in the year before Zimmer was here, he really blossomed and had 6.5 sacks.  And he really hasn't been anywhere else (preseason in Seattle) since he developed.

Nothing worse than someone who won't let a silly, meaningless argument go (and by that I mean ME), but I don't think this is a case of a player suddenly "developing." He's 34 years old. I think what you have here is a player who really seems to thrive in one particular system. I feel pretty confident now that if you put him back on the Seahawks or Saints or any other team, you wouldn't get the TJ we're used to seeing. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

Nothing worse than someone who won't let a silly, meaningless argument go (and by that I mean ME), but I don't think this is a case of a player suddenly "developing." He's 34 years old. I think what you have here is a player who really seems to thrive in one particular system. I feel pretty confident now that if you put him back on the Seahawks or Saints or any other team, you wouldn't get the TJ we're used to seeing. 
Agreed. I think that's pretty obvious actually.

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

And since I haven't been able to clarify myself in the previous 14 posts, I agree that he is a great fit as a role player here.  Just that other than his first 3 years on an NFL roster with the Saints, he hasn't played anywhere but here. 

I am glad we stole him back from the Seahawks.  Funny we have Richardson who was a Seahawk starting and then the guy they signed to replace him is his backup.  Always liked TJ, just not as a starter.  To me that was his biggest issue.

I think the big thing with Griffen coming back is that it
gives us much better depth than we had before. 
I think with Weatherly as the 3rd DE and Tom Johnson as the
pass rushing DT, that gives us a much deeper rotation than we had earlier in
the season.  While it sucked that Griffen
was out, I think that playing time was very valuable to Weatherly and our
confidence in him.