Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Stefon Diggs dealing with rib injury
Update: Stefon Diggs dealing with rib injury

[Image: 10380.jpg]
Updating an earlier report, Stefon Diggs missed Wednesday's practice with a rib injury.
Diggs took a big late in Sunday night's loss. This is something he can play through if it's just a bruise, but Diggs isn't going to get in much practice time this week. He may come down to a game-time decision for Week 9.                    
Source: Minnesota Vikings on Twitter
Oct 31 - 4:27 PM

Vikings’ Stefon Diggs sits out practice; Xavier Rhodes, Dalvin Cook returnChris TomassonOctober 31, 2018 at 3:27 pm
[Image: jea-4602-Vikings-vs-New-Orleans.jpg?w=495]Minnesota wide receiver Stefon Diggs (14) cuts up field for a few more yards after a catch against New Orleans in the third quarter of an NFL game at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on Sunday Oct. 28, 2018. New Orleans beat the Vikings, 30-20. (John Autey / Pioneer Press)
Wide receiver Stefon Diggs was among three Vikings starters sitting out practice on Wednesday. 
Diggs suffered a rib injury in Sunday’s 30-20 loss to New Orleans, although he did finish the game. 
Also missing were starting linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring), starting guard Tom Compton (knee) and reserve running back Roc Thomas (hamstring). Barr and Compton sat out against the Saints; Thomas was hurt in the game. 
Returning to practice on a limited basis were four starters who sat out against New Orleans: Cornerback Xavier Rhodes (foot); running back Dalvin Cook (hamstring); tackle Riley Reiff (foot); and safety Andrew Sendejo (groin). 
Nose tackle Linval Joseph (knee, ankle), who missed the Oct. 21 against the New York Jets before returning to face the Saints, also was listed as a limited participant. 
Reiff and Sendejo each have missed three straight games and Rhodes one. Cook has been out for five of the past six games, including the past four. 
The Vikings face Detroit on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/31/vikings-stefon-diggs-sits-out-practice-xavier-rhodes-dalvin-cook-return/

Death, taxes, Diggs getting hurt...

All Vowels™️ returns...  B) 
Defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo returns to Vikings practice squadChris TomassonOctober 31, 2018 at 3:21 pm
[Image: Vikings-Camp029.jpg?w=562]Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo (95) takes a breather during drills on the first day of the team’s training camp at TCO Performance Center in Eagan on Wednesday, July 25, 2018. (John Autey / Pioneer Press)
Defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo is back with the Vikings. 
Odenigbo, taken by Minnesota in the seventh round of the 2017 draft, was signed Wednesday to the practice squad. He was on the practice squad all of last season and was with the team this year until being waived Sept. 1.
After being let go, Odenigbo was claimed on waivers by Cleveland. The Browns waived him Sept. 22 and he then was claimed by Arizona. Odenigbo was waived Oct. 23 by the Cardinals. 
““It feels good to be back,’’ Odenigbo said after Wednesday’s practice. “It’s been an interesting road for me.’’ 
Odenigbo didn’t get into any games with the Browns, and had believed his days might be numbered since they were overloaded at defensive end. He got into one game with Arizona, which remains his only NFL regular-season appearance. 
“I thought I was going to stick at Arizona, but it was a numbers game,” he said. “An offensive lineman got hurt.” 
Odenigbo said he will play only defensive end with the Vikings. Before he was waived this year, Minnesota also used him at defensive tackle. 
“I’m a full-time D-end now,’’ he said. “That was one of the agreements (to return). … (Defensive line coach) Andrew Patterson knows how to coach me very well. And I’m excited to be back with (Vikings defensive ends Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter), and learning from those guys.” 
Odenigbo said he also had practice-squad offers from Green Bay and the New York Giants. He had a workout Monday for a possible spot on New Orleans’ 53-man roster but no offer immediately came. 
The Vikings had nine players on the 10-man practice squad. So no move was needed to create room for Odenigbo to sign.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/31/defensive-end-ifeadi-odenigbo-returns-to-vikings-practice-squad/

If I could like this twice, I would

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If I could like this twice, I would
me too, I was sort of shocked that he even got cut...

I knew Diggs was hurt, just by his body language late in the game. 

That was a hell of a shot he took. Hopefully he will be ok soon. It's a good thing the bye week is coming. 

Stefon Diggs officially 'DNP' on Thursday

Stefon Diggs (ribs) remained sidelined on Thursday.Speaking Thursday, Diggs said he "absolutely" expects to play against the Lions, but he could need to show something in Friday's practice. As of Thursday afternoon, fantasy owners can leave him penciled into lineups.
Nov 1 - 2:25 PM

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:

Stefon Diggs officially 'DNP' on Thursday

Stefon Diggs (ribs) remained sidelined on Thursday.Speaking Thursday, Diggs said he "absolutely" expects to play against the Lions, but he could need to show something in Friday's practice. As of Thursday afternoon, fantasy owners can leave him penciled into lineups.
Nov 1 - 2:25 PM
With ribs it's likely a pain tolerance issue, but I sure hope Zimmer doesn't say that.